News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Curious About Anveo

Started by ceg3, December 09, 2017, 01:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceg3

With PhonePower becoming problematic, I'm looking at options.  Anveo is still an ASP and has a link for multiple tier setup.  Anybody really happy or unhappy with Anveo at the moment?  Does anybody know if they will remain an ASP?  Any comments greatly appreciated.

BGood

Quote from: ceg3 on December 09, 2017, 01:30:16 PM
With PhonePower becoming problematic, I'm looking at options.  Anveo is still an ASP and has a link for multiple tier setup.  Anybody really happy or unhappy with Anveo at the moment?  Does anybody know if they will remain an ASP?  Any comments greatly appreciated.

I have been using Anveo with an Obi202 for about 2 years under their Obi-special 333 min/month plan which includes E911 service.  I configured the Anveo SIP using the Obitalk web portal and added CNAM lookup (supposedly serving both Anveo and Google Voice SIPs) through my Anveo account configuration. In terms of my personal experience in using Anveo:

• Documentation and support (both prepaid and pay-per-incident) are very limited. 
  • While the Call flow handling GUI is conceptually understandable, I have had limited success in modifying the most basic call flow template they provide. 
  • The CNAM lookup service often does not return any data, yet my account is charged a fractional cent per lookup whether successful or not.
  • IMHO call quality is more reliably better than Google Voice.
  • SIP Scanning: While my Google Voice line gets relatively few spam calls, the Anveo line gets dozens of SIP scanning hangups per day.  I am not sure whether this is a function of the decades-old number, but suspect it is more related to the susceptibility of the Anveo SIP (or my specific configuration).
  • Besides Google Voice, my only other Obi-Provider experience is with RingTo and Anveo is much better.

Hope this helps.

GPz1100

For inbound calls we forward our gv number to call centric's free NY DID.  No complaints at all with cnam.  I'd go so far as to say it's excellent.  I can't remember the last time just the number showed up.  Names show up even for cell phones.

Can't say call quality has ever been an issue, both on outbound calls (direct through gv) or inbound (gv -> callcentric).

Sip scanning ; never an issue because the obi is behind a firewall which blocks all inbound traffic _not_ initiated by a host inside the firewall.

It is a more complicated initial configuration but has been working extremely well for us for nearly a year.

Taoman

Quote from: BGood on December 10, 2017, 09:50:03 AM

SIP Scanning: While my Google Voice line gets relatively few spam calls, the Anveo line gets dozens of SIP scanning hangups per day.  I am not sure whether this is a function of the decades-old number, but suspect it is more related to the susceptibility of the Anveo SIP (or my specific configuration).

Are these spam calls or actual SIP scanners? Easiest way to tell is if they show up in your Anveo call history. If they don't, they are SIP scanners which are very easy to block.

Under Voice Services, select your Anveo service and put a checkmark in front of X_AcceptSipFromRegistrarOnly and save your settings.

BGood

Quote from: Taoman on December 10, 2017, 11:54:50 AM
Quote from: BGood on December 10, 2017, 09:50:03 AM

SIP Scanning: While my Google Voice line gets relatively few spam calls, the Anveo line gets dozens of SIP scanning hangups per day.  I am not sure whether this is a function of the decades-old number, but suspect it is more related to the susceptibility of the Anveo SIP (or my specific configuration).

Are these spam calls or actual SIP scanners? Easiest way to tell is if they show up in your Anveo call history. If they don't, they are SIP scanners which are very easy to block.

Under Voice Services, select your Anveo service and put a checkmark in front of X_AcceptSipFromRegistrarOnly and save your settings.

X_AcceptSipFromRegistrarOnly was previously unchecked under Voice Services, so I checked it and saved my settings. Looking back through my Anveo incoming call records, I may have overstated my call-hangup experience as it appears I only get about a half-dozen such calls daily.  I'll watch the Anveo call log and see if the questionable calls are actually logged.

Thanks.

MLD100

I have been with Anveo ever since I started with the OBI100--nearly 4 years ago.  I would largely echo the comments of bGood above.  Especially as it relates to support.   I am not sure they offer the exact services I have anymore.  I pay them $1.80 per month--80 cents is for e911 support and $1 is for a phone number.   The phone number is for fax handling which my wife thinks we need.   So, it is our fax number.   Upon receipt of a fax we get an email notice and a pdf.  Once I got it configured it seems to work fine.
In the recent 'TCP Backing Off' error where the OBI100 quit working, Anveo worked perfectly as a backup.  I had to change GV to ring my cell but Anveo made outgoing calls flawlessly.  I see that I was charged a half a cent for all outgoing calls on my plan.  I don't know what I am charged for incoming calls.  I don't think there has been any charge for the few fax's I have received.
Who knows if Anveo will be around next week?  But, for now it is very reliable and as near as I can tell a full fledged, full featured VOIP provider.
I think you can get some integration with GV contacts but, could be wrong, I don't think Anveo can process your GV number directly.   Now, you could always have GV ring your Anveo number :-)

ceg3

Does anybody know if Anveo will remain an ASP?

Jackson

I've been using the Anveo basic Obi plan and got no complaints.  The last time I re-upped for the 2 year deal which brought my cost down to ~$3/month.  On DSLreports there is an Anveo forum where some Anveo guy often responds.  One nice touch is that the time for when VM kicks in can be adjusted.

Nice easy way to eliminate sip callers Taoman,  I plunked in Anveo's 3 IPs and and that also works, at:

X-accessList   72.9.149.69,67.212.84.21,176.9.39.206