News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Easy way to move from OBI100 to OBI200 in the Portal?

Started by dhobi, December 11, 2017, 04:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhobi

In light of the recent discovery that Google Voice no longer works on OBI100, I'd like to move to a OBI200 which has been sitting in its box for a while, waiting for this unfortunate day to come.

The issue is what's the easiest way to move from OBI100 to OBI200 via the OBITalk Portal and keep all custom settings? I have a GV account and another SIP account configured and also a few custom dialing rules that I'd rather not re-enter by hand.

SteveInWA

Hi:

There is no way to export settings from a 100 and then import them to a 200, nor would trying to hack this somehow be worth the time or effort, given the possibility of making a mess.

Just add the new 200 to your OBiTALK dashboard, and set it up from scratch.  It actually takes less time than you may recall, especially now that you've had more experience with the products.  You should be able to open another browser tab in the same browser (press Ctrl-T), and then log into the 100, and copy and paste the digit map or other custom setting values over to the 200.  I'd suggest logging into the 100 via its local IP address to make the copy and paste steps a bit easier.

ProfTech

Although I have used the portal for my own Obi, I gave up using it long ago so I don't claim to be an expert. I do have another Obi 100 that is remote to me and I use the portal to monitor it and make changes from time to time. If I were replacing it with a 200 I would copy all of the "Map" settings including any custom maps to Notepad [if using windows] before starting. The 200 is a completely different animal to the 100 and I don't think a lot of your 'custom' settings would transfer anyway. That said, write down all of your passwords before starting. After you have copied all of the maps to Notepad and written down your passwords you can then delete the 100 from the portal. Then plug in the 200 and register it using the portal if you like. Enter the passwords when it asks you then simply use the expert mode to enter your custom maps and any other custom settings you believe to be needed. YMMV

dhobi

Bummer that Obihai doesn't provide an easy migration wizard given that the 100 is EOL and they are pushing hard for users to move to the 2xx series.

SteveInWA

I've personally migrated from one device to another many times while testing and troubleshooting, and really, it's not that difficult nor time consuming.