News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Swithing to Simonics with Autoprovisioning disabled

Started by Milos, December 12, 2017, 01:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milos

Hi,
I disabled Autoprovisioning on OBI110 in my apartment in Europe before I left a few months ago. Since GV doesn't work any more on OBI110, without thinking, I removed GV and setup SP1 for Simonics. Unfortunately, my OBI110 has not accepted this change, and it is still trying to connect to GV (it has been 36 hours since I made the change on Obitalk). I am assuming that, since the Autoprovisioning is disabled, I cannot change SP1 through Obitalk. Is there still any other way to do that remotely?
Also, I noticed, since I tried to make this change (36 hours ago), Obitalk does not display the Status information anymore. I wonder if these two issues are connected? Should I still be able to see the Status information even with Autoprovisioning disabled?
Thanks,

GPz1100

You'll need to connect to whatever network your obi is on. Did you set up a vpn server before leaving?

If not, you can use something like teamviewer at both ends, assuming there's a live person who has physical access to the network.  Both of you will have to install the program then the remote party will provide you with the login id and password displayed on their screen.  Once logged in, you will see what they see, and should be able to connect to the obi.

Milos

That's what I was afraid of since I did not set up vpn server. I will have to ask my neighbor there to take his laptop to my apartment, connect it to the same router and then enable Autoprovisioning.
Thanks for your quick reply.