News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi100+Simonics stops working for incoming calls

Started by valley_nomad, December 13, 2017, 12:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valley_nomad

After working with Simonics gateway for two days my OBi100 is no longer working for incoming calls. It rings. But it can not make the connection after picking up. The other end continues to hear the rings for a while and then silence without GV voicemail. Dialing out works. Any suggestion? THX!

yehob150

Quote from: valley_nomad on December 13, 2017, 12:40:32 AM
After working with Simonics gateway for two days my OBi100 is no longer working for incoming calls. It rings. But it can not make the connection after picking up. The other end continues to hear the rings for a while and then silence without GV voicemail. Dialing out works. Any suggestion? THX!
having the same issue see here:
https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13308.0

Hopefully simonics fixes this

valley_nomad

Quote from: yehob150 on December 13, 2017, 04:11:58 PM

Not sure if it is the same issue. The GV Voicemail doesn't work at all in my case. I also don't use TLS port 5061.

yehob150

Quote from: valley_nomad on December 13, 2017, 05:07:21 PM

Not sure if it is the same issue. The GV Voicemail doesn't work at all in my case. I also don't use TLS port 5061.

my issue wasn't related to the port

billsimon

There is nothing on our side to fix. As I mentioned in your other thread, you need to look into your network configuration.

yehob150

Quote from: billsimon on December 13, 2017, 05:46:15 PM

There is nothing on our side to fix. As I mentioned in your other thread, you need to look into your network configuration.
what do I need to look into?
My network configuration is fine. It doesn't change by itself a day later so there is no reason why one day it works and then the next day it doesn't.

billsimon

Quote from: yehob150 on December 13, 2017, 06:21:37 PM
My network configuration is fine. It doesn't change by itself a day later so there is no reason why one day it works and then the next day it doesn't.

Given the Google Voice problems others have observed when calling from one GV number to another, it's also possible that your problem is related. The timing of it matches.

yehob150

Quote from: billsimon on December 13, 2017, 06:35:08 PM
Quote from: yehob150 on December 13, 2017, 06:21:37 PM

Given the Google Voice problems others have observed when calling from one GV number to another, it's also possible that your problem is related. The timing of it matches.

I was calling the google voice/obi number with my cell phone (which is not a google voice number).

valley_nomad

Mine has been working again since yesterday without me changing anything.
When it didn't work the problem was very much persistent when the incoming call came from other GV phones, and intermittent when the incoming call came from non GV phones.

yehob150

Quote from: valley_nomad on December 14, 2017, 04:58:19 PM
Mine has been working again since yesterday without me changing anything.
When it didn't work the problem was very much persistent when the incoming call came from other GV phones, and intermittent when the incoming call came from non GV phones.
mine started working again too, but was always calling from non-GV to my GV obi
never tried GV to GV but that seems to be a separate issue.

jgjg

I signed up for Simonics not too long ago and it was working for few weeks and now I'm having a same issue.

billsimon

If you have a supported Obi (200 or higher) on the same account, when it upgrades itself, it will take away the Google Chat option for incoming calls.

Other than that, I acknowledge we have seen more weird behavior on GVGW lately, and speculate that the Google XMPP pathway is being left to die now that Obi devices have migrated to SIP.

Taoman

Quote from: billsimon on May 15, 2018, 05:12:51 AM

Other than that, I acknowledge we have seen more weird behavior on GVGW lately, and speculate that the Google XMPP pathway is being left to die now that Obi devices have migrated to SIP.

Just as a data point, I have GVGW still configured on one ATA as a Voice Gateway and it continues to work fine for outgoing calls even though my GV account has been converted to using SIP.

Taoman

Quote from: SeanR on May 15, 2018, 09:14:01 AM

How do you know your GV account has been converted to using SIP?

Because in the Legacy version of my GV account Google Chat has been removed and I now see:
QuoteOBiTALK Device - 510XXXXXX
sip:XXXXXXXGGAYU4QJQGBGUQNS7GMJBIMJXG44VEZOMNEZTOMRUHEYTEOJVG4ZDE===@obihai.sip.google.com

And I have that GV account configured on that same ATA and I can make and receive calls.
But XMPP is still enabled on the account (until Google shuts it down in June) and is routeable thru the Simonics gateway for outbound calls only. Not that I want or need to do that. As mentioned, just a data point.

SteveInWA

• You have an OBi 200 or 202 or 212 ATA, or a 1000 series IP phone or 2000 series IP phone.
  • It will receive the new firmware as long as it is able to connect to the OBiTALK portal, and you have not disabled updates.
  • Once a device connects to your Google account for the first time after its firmware is upgraded, then Google Voice will automatically delete the Chat selection, and it will create a new connection via SIP.  If you have multiple devices, each device will be assigned its own connection.
  • This is all automated.  There is no manual process necessary nor available to do this.
  • It doesn't matter if the device is in-warranty or if it's in extended (paid) support; it will still get updated at no charge.
  • If, after the device gets the new firmware, it won't work with Google Voice, then the large majority of cases can be fixed by deleting the device off of the OBiTALK web portal, restoring the device to factory defaults (press ***8 then 1), re-adding it to the portal (**5 xxxx procedure), and re-adding Google Voice to your desired SP1--SP4 slot.