News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Possible to delay phone ringing until caller id is available?

Started by sorinut, December 13, 2017, 02:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sorinut

I'm away that caller ID isn't available until the second ring.  Is it possible to delay the call coming through until the second ring, therefor having the caller ID right away?

Using google voice with call centric for cname.

drgeoff

The common way of doing things in the US is that CallerID is sent after the first ring.  If that is what your phone needs you cannot do what you want.

However if your phone is able to sense, process and display CallerID before the first ringing on the line then the OBi can be set to do that.  (Many European systems send CallerID before first ring.)

(Screeenshot shows onboard web server but the same setting is available via expert mode on the portal.)

sorinut

Wonderful!  I don't know if it will work my phones or not, but I will try it out.  Thank you!

sorinut

Is it possible to post that screenshot again?  I'm setting up a second ObiHai and need it again.

Thanks!

drgeoff

I didn't delete it and the link is still there but it is giving a 404 error.

I tried to attach it to this post but got "An Error Has Occurred!
The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved."

Looks like the forum is borked.

The setting is under Physical Interfaces, Phone port, Port Settings, CallerIDTrigger.  Change to 'BeforeFirstRing'.

GPz1100

Don't use the forum to post pics... Host them else where such as imgurl.com.  Embed with [img][/img] codes.

drgeoff

Quote from: GPz1100 on January 14, 2018, 08:23:56 AM
Don't use the forum to post pics... Host them else where such as imgurl.com.  Embed with [img][/img] codes.
The forum has been able to attach pictures for years.  I expect the error is a temporary one and will be fixed after OBihai staff come back to work after the weekend.  (Note the word "after", not "when"!)

GPz1100

Pictures error has been longer than a few days.  At least a week or two since I've noticed it.

Lets hope you're right.  Without an official statement from the company, I somehow have a feeling obi as we know may not be too much longer.

SteveInWA

Don't jump to bogus conclusions about the future of the company, based on the severely outdated and lousy quality of the forum software.

The Obihai staff has been at CES in Las Vegas, which eats up a lot of staff time.

In my conversations with Obihai, they're looking forward to making use of Polycom's web-based support system; if anything, I'd assume things will get better, not worse.