News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Self-echo issue during call

Started by gzobi, August 13, 2011, 02:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gzobi

Hi,

I got obi100, and set-up is smooth, however, I found the voice echo issue eight away.

After searching on this forum, still have no idea how to fix it.

During the call with the cordless phone connect to Obi (in or out), I can hear every word I spoke during the call.

Is this Obi device issue?

gz

atbglenn

It happens on my OBi 110 every once in a while.  Pretty annoying and confusing, but luckily it doesn't happen often. It would be nice if it never did it.

OBiSupport

Hi,

Fundamentally, the echo that you heard is the voice reflected back to the OBi 100, which mean that the other party does not cancel out the echo well, and transmit it back to your device.

OBi device has incorporated a fully adaptive echo canceller, and no user configuration is needed.

Since echo is really originated from the other party, if you call a different number, you may have totally different echo experience, is it the case here?

Please contact our support team at support@obihai.com, we can further clarify this issue, thank you,

Billy2Hats

Another possibility is your phone. Does it have it's own volume controls? If so turn the mic down.

If you have another phone available, preferably an older corded phone, try it.