News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

2 Google Voice, accounts, Callcentric, Obi202

Started by JeffNot24, December 16, 2017, 10:40:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffNot24

My wife has a Google Voice account and I have my own. I've also created one Callcentric account. I've just gotten an Obihai and started using it so I'm really a newbie here. My first step was to get my account set up with Google Voice to Concentric and the Obi202 and that is working. I've also set up my wife's Google Voice to go directly to the Obi202. This way, I could see what the differences were ... and it's basically that she can't get incoming Caller Name wchih is really critical.

The next 2 things to get working are Caller ID for her along with Distinctive Ring (1 ring for her and a separate 1 for me).

To do these 2 things, I think I need 2 "susbets" of my Callcentric account. I'm not sure whether those should be extensions or DID's. And all the tutorials I read here seem to address one Google Voice / 1 Callcentric. So I'm not too sure how to proceed setting things up with 2 "subsets".

I'm hoping for some guidance here.

Thanks ... Jeff

drgeoff

AIUI GV is not able to forward to specific Callcentric extensions.  You can make GV set the Caller ID on the forwarded call to Callcentric be the GV number instead of the original caller's number.  Then a Callcentric Call Treatment can act on that to ring the appropriate extension.  However that means you have neither Caller ID nor Caller Name of the original caller. :(

So I think you need another DID (ie real phone number) either added to your existing Callcentric account or in a second Callcentric account.

You might instead consider using the Simonics GV Gateway when it is open again to new subscribers.  A one-off payment of $6 versus the monthly 911 fee to Callcentric.

The distinctive ring bit is straightforward.  Each Voice Service can select either A or B Ring Profile and each of those profiles has 10 Ring Patterns.

JeffNot24

Thanks. I thought I'd have to use a 2nd DID instead of an extension. But I wasn't sure.

GPz1100

CC allows up to 2 free DID's per account.  So you should be able to do it with a single account.