News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Forward Obiline to Google

Started by tomwilley, December 17, 2017, 11:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomwilley

Hi Guys,
I have a flat in the UK which I have an Obi110 which was configured  with my Landline going directly (via Obi110) to my phone and for outgoing calls I was directing through my obi110 to Google voice. I was using a simple answering machine for local voicemail.

Now that Obi110 is not working with Google anymore, I'm looking to upgrade to an Obi200 and an ObiLine.

Now here's my question: can I take incoming calls which are not answered by the phone and forward them to my Google Voice line and hence into Google Voicemail?

Thanks for the help

Tom

drgeoff

The OBi200 plus OBiLINE can do everything (and more) that the OBi110 could do before the recent GV change.  However there are reports that the OBiLINE's performance is not on a par with that of the OBi110.  And I am under the impression that the OBiLINE is a discontinued product.

You have several options:

1.  Get an OBi200 and an ObiLINE.

2.  Get yourself on the "wait list" for the Simonics GV Gateway and use that to restore GV connectivity to your OBi110.

3.  Wait until the OBi212 becomes available wherever you are.  That is effectively the 200 series version of the 110.

4.  Get an OBi200 and use both it and your OBi110.  The 200 for GV and the 110 to service the landline.  It is not difficult to route calls between the two to give you the functionality you previously had. https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13136.msg84343#msg84343

tomwilley

Thanks, I'll have a go at your #4.

Here in Ca, I had an Obi100 which stopped last week. I did replace it with an Obi200. So, likely I can connect that to my remote Obi110.

Tom