News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 reports no IP address assigned but I can log in via IP address

Started by js07920, December 18, 2017, 09:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

js07920

Perhaps once a week, my Obi202 reports no IP address assigned when trying to make a call. However, I can log into the  IP address I've assigned to the device. When I log in, the WAN status shows blank fields except AddressingType which is set to DHCP.

After clicking on the Reboot button, WAN status shows the assigned IP address, SIP services get registered and calls can be made.

I'm running Software Version "3.2.1 (Build: 5757EX)"

Any ideas why I can browse and control the device via it's web UI but it reports no IP address assigned?

Thanks!

drgeoff

The OBi202 includes a NAT router which is enabled by default.  In that condition its LAN port always has an IP address and you will always be able to access the onboard web server management pages from a computer plugged in to the LAN port if the computer gets its address by DHCP or has a static address in the 192.168.10 subnet.

The other ethernet jack is the WAN port.  The default is that is gets a DHCP address (different and in a different subnet from the LAN port one) from whatever it is plugged into - your router if you have one or your modem if you do not.  Your OBi is reporting that for some reason it does not always have a working connection there.  First thing to try is another ethernet cable.  

js07920

My ethernet cable is plugged into the "Internet" port, not LAN port.

The connections are:
Obi ("Internet"/WAN port) <--> Router <----> Cable Modem

I'm not sure how the cable would matter if I am able to log into the Obi and reboot it via it's Web UI when Obi reports no IP address.

Seems like the telephony state-machine is out of sync with underlying IP stack on the Obi.