News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

POTS management on Obi200 + Obiline

Started by jamesatwork, December 11, 2017, 10:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesatwork

Greetings,

I wanted to have the ability to make / receive calls from other OBi devices using the same handheld device handling POTS landline so I got an Obi200, upgraded it to the latest FW available, and fitted it with an Obiline

The idea was that:
- all incoming / outgoing calls would be routed through the landline, and
- I would reach other Obi devices as an extension or quickdial shortcut

I was surprised to find out that I needed to define an SP1 (GV in this case) for me to be able to dial out, even with Phone Port -> PrimaryLine being set to PSTN Line, or else outgoing calls would fail (despite SP1 not being used at all)

A more annoying issue is the 10 or so delay when dialing out from the handheld device: The solution suggested by Azrobert of adding S3 to the digitmap (on post 'POTS Line Dialing Delay') did not work for me: I still get the 10 seconds delay prior to dialing out

Specifically, I edited DigitMap to: (xxxxxxxS3|xx.S3)

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

drgeoff

Quote from: jamesatwork on December 11, 2017, 10:14:57 AM
I was surprised to find out that I needed to define an SP1 (GV in this case) for me to be able to dial out, even with Phone Port -> PrimaryLine being set to PSTN Line, or else outgoing calls would fail (despite SP1 not being used at all)
You must be doing something wrong.  It is not necessary to have a service defined on an SP in order to be able to dial out on an OBiLINE.

jamesatwork

That is what I would have thought, but hard to go wrong: with SP1 un-configured, after dialing I either get two static-like buzzes and back to the dial tone or a message 'the number you have dialed has not been recognized, please try again'. With SP1 configured with GV, all seems to work just fine, so I am happy to leave this alone. Maybe its a bug or something specific to my hardware / firmware / phone combo

What I really would like to fix is the 20 or so seconds lag time before the phone starts dialing

Thanks!

ProfTech

I read your other post and it says you are using the Obi in Brazil. That probably means the maps will all be different from standard maps for use in the US. If you can, remove any map that only contains anything that looks like xx. or xxx. etc.

jamesatwork

Proftech,

Thanks for reverting. I am actually in the US, but was picking up on a post by Azrobert to another user who - indeed - was in Brazil...