News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 Line settings for disconnect

Started by tomwilley, December 19, 2017, 11:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomwilley

Hi Guys,
I have an Obi110 in the UK. The line is connected to the local PSTN and incoming line calls are forwarded using Obitalk to a, Obi200 in the US and a regular answering machine is connected to the Obi110 phone port.

If I make a PSTN call to the Obi110 and let the local answering machine pick up. I can then leave a message and hang up the PSTN call. The Obi110 drops the connection and everything is fine.

If do the same test but answer the call on the local Obi200, the call seems fine UNTIL the originator hangs up. The Obi110 does not disconnect and continues to stay off hook for several minutes. I can hear the disconnect tone on the handset connected to the local Obi200.

My Obi100 disconnect settings are:
  DetectCPC √
  CPCTimeThreshold  90
  DetectPolarityReversal    unchecked
  DetectFarEndLongSilence √
  SilenceDetectSensitivity  high
  SilenceTimeThreshold 30
  DetectDisconnectTone √
  DisconnectTonePattern 400-30;4   (Have tried various permutations 30-40;2-4)

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Tom

drgeoff

Screenshot shows what I have on my OBi110 on the end of an ordinary BT line.

tomwilley

Thanks for this.
I've tried those settings and the problem persists.

What's Bizarre is that the disconnect works when the answering machine has picked up but not when Obitalk has forwarded the call. I'd have thought that in both scenarios, the line disconnect detection and the line parameters would be the same.

Tom

drgeoff

I temporarily set up a similar arrangement with my OBi110 on a BT PSTN line forwarding over the Obitalk network to another OBi110*.  From a mobile, I called the PSTN number of the first 110, answered using the phone connected to the second 110 and held the line open for more than 30 seconds.  Then hung up the calling phone while listening on the other one.  That clicked and went dead very quickly with no tones audible.  Keeping the phone on the second 110 off-hook I got dial tone about 10 seconds later.

I repeated the test and got the same result.

Something to do with the answering machine?  I guess it isn't easy for you to disconnect that for a test!

* No PSTN line connected.  Callcentric and GV (yes!) configured and registered/connected.

tomwilley1

Hi,
I was looking at my phone and line status and noticed that the tip and ring voltages seem to be reversed when comparing phone port and line port. See attached picture.

Phone is +49v and line is -51v. Not sure if it should be +ve or -e but I suspect both should be the same polarity.

I'd be interested in what you see in your set up.

Thanks,
   Tom

drgeoff

Quote from: tomwilley1 on December 20, 2017, 03:13:32 AM
Hi,
I was looking at my phone and line status and noticed that the tip and ring voltages seem to be reversed when comparing phone port and line port. See attached picture.

Phone is +49v and line is -51v. Not sure if it should be +ve or -e but I suspect both should be the same polarity.

I'd be interested in what you see in your set up.

Thanks,
   Tom
I see positive on both.  The PHONE port voltage is internally generated and will always be positive.  The LINE port one depends on which way around the phone line pair is connected.  Very few items care about that.

Which phone company?

tomwilley1

Thanks for this. This will give me something to work with although I'm not back in the UK till early February. It'll be easy then to switch tip & ring to see if it makes a difference.

I agree with your comments about when tip & ring are swapped. I've been digging through all  of the around the various forums and trying the suggestions for UK settings and not different so far. So at this stage I'm looking for anything that seems different or odd.

The line is a BT with service from Sky. I'm supposing that BT control all the parameters associated with the line.

Tom