News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

have I missed something simple in setup? Please dial a 1 when dialing this numbe

Started by JustinBell, December 20, 2017, 01:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustinBell

I am trying to make long distance calls, and keep getting the message to please dial a 1 when dialing this number. I already did

1-317 631 9500

Ihave an obi212 and am connected to a landline service that works just fine when bypassing the obi, and it is set as my primary outgoing line.
I do not have a 7 digit prefix set as we can not make calls using 7 digits here in the 812 area code.

Did I miss some rudimentary setting somewhere?

drgeoff

My crystal ball is broken.  I cannot see what you have configured on your OBi.

JustinBell

I told you how it's configured. It is connected to a landline and that is the default route for outgoing calls.
That's the only configuration option I have set

drgeoff

Log in locally to your OBi212 and look at the Call History.  How do the numbers sent to LINE shown there compare with what you dialled?

Post the PHONE port Digit Map, the Primary Line Digit Map and the PHONE port OutboundCallRoute.

JustinBell

call history, To LI1(13178174120)

phone port digit map
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|##|**8(Mbt)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

outbound call route
{911:li},{933:li},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

drgeoff

Strange!

What happens if you dial a # and wait for the dial tone before continuing with the 1 and 10 digits?

ProfTech

To JustinBell:
The only thing I don't see in your post is the digit map for the Line Port. Can you post it? It could be important. Since you have the line port set as the default port it can "massage" the numbers as soon as you type them.

drgeoff

Quote from: ProfTech on December 23, 2017, 01:21:57 PM
To JustinBell:
The only thing I don't see in your post is the digit map for the Line Port. Can you post it? It could be important. Since you have the line port set as the default port it can "massage" the numbers as soon as you type them.
But the Call History correctly shows "To LI1(13178174120)".

I wonder if it could be something like the OBi starting to send the DTMF tones too soon after going off-hook.  I don't have an OBi212 but the OBi110 has a DialDelay setting.  If present, try increasing that.

JustinBell

That did it. I increased the value to 1200 and now it works.

Odd that I could dial numbers in our local area code just fine (including the area code in the number), but not others.