News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obitalk cannot configure device

Started by ktalk, December 21, 2017, 07:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ktalk

I have had a OBI100 for years with no issues but when i purchased a OBI200  i have no luck configuring with Google Voice. Added OBI200 to dashboard no issues. Then i start at service to SP1.  I get a the pop up ObiTalk cannot configure device when i confirm my Googe account. I removed my OBI100 device from dashboard but still no help.  Because there are no error messages i dont know where to start.

gjemb

I am precisely in the same situation as ktalk. Just purchased a OBI200, as the old 100 is "out of life"....the politically correct, and cover term for "planned obsolescence"! Fine, got with the program, bought a new device!   I too have no luck configuring with Google Voice. Added OBI200 to dashboard with no issues. When i start to add SP1, I get the dreaded pop up "ObiTalk cannot configure device", even though all is OK in my Google voice account. I removed my older OBI100 device from dashboard, removed the new Obi 200 and re-installed it again, but no go. I did go through Steve's suggested steps....still no luck!

This issue looks like a systematic error that Obihai does not seem to have addressed, even though I see several people posting the same issue on this board!!!

Been using several obis in the past in several countries with no configuration issues at all with gvoice. Something has changed. Somebody from obihai should look into it and give us a response. It will be appreciated!

SteveInWA

Since it's a brand new device, report the problem to Obihai and at least give them a crack at addressing it.  They don't routinely read every post here, so that would be your best route.

http://www.obihai.com/request-support

gjemb

Thank you Steve!

Just an update, I went through the GVoice process again today, and MIRACULOUSLY, it worked! NO, I did not really do anything different than before....it just worked this time.

Is google updating its servers..... and is unavailable at certain times of the day???? No clue, but it worked for me this morning. Just a heads up to anyone seeing this same issue.

ktalk

Obitalk suggestion was use win10 and chrome with lastest updates. I had that so just out of curiosity i tried using edge.  Worked first time.  I read some of the posts above.  It does seem to have something to do with browser, pop-ups, gmail login

SteveInWA

Quote from: ktalk on December 23, 2017, 09:18:48 AM
Obitalk suggestion was use win10 and chrome with lastest updates. I had that so just out of curiosity i tried using edge.  Worked first time.  I read some of the posts above.  It does seem to have something to do with browser, pop-ups, gmail login

That sounds like a coincidence to me, based on the symptom and the post from gjemb.  But, as Archie Bunker used to say, "Don't slug a gift horse in the mouth!"

gjemb

I used the same configuration: win10 and chrome with latest updates, both when it did not work, and when it did work. Just different times of the day. I would doubt it has anything to do with the operating system, or updates.

If I was to speculate......... likely google voice availability itself? Or something in the back end with obi?

Glad to be back up and running.

SteveInWA

Quote from: gjemb on December 23, 2017, 11:34:54 AM
I used the same configuration: win10 and chrome with latest updates, both when it did not work, and when it did work. Just different times of the day. I would doubt it has anything to do with the operating system, or updates.

If I was to speculate......... likely google voice availability itself? Or something in the back end with obi?

Glad to be back up and running.

That is my guess, too.  Thanks.

Vova

Had same issue when shifting from obi110 to obi200, I was using chrome with Win 7. Tried from IE - worked, it just asked for google password a couple of times. Should be an issue with chrome, at least in my case.

SteveInWA

It's a coincidence, and a matter of timing.  There is nothing unique to Chrome Browser that would cause it to make the OBiTALK system fail.

FaxBroadcasting

I had to use a different browser for it to work.

tire4all

Quote from: FaxBroadcasting on December 26, 2017, 10:56:53 AM
I had to use a different browser for it to work.

My experience exactly. After multiple unsuccessful attempts adding my new Obi200 with Chrome on Win10, I switched to internet explorer and it worked. I didn't have to delete the Obi100

phosgene

using chrome 63.0.3239.84 (not the most up to date version) i had this same problem
worked exactly as expected using edge
that's a first for me
to see edge do something chrome fails at