June 25, 2018, 01:19:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Keep getting Unable to configure device error!!  (Read 2395 times)
deluxman

« on: December 21, 2017, 07:53:52 am »

I purchased an OBI200 to replace my old Obi100 device. Was able to get the new device connected and removed my old one in my Obi account. When I try to setup my Google Voice, I keep getting an error saying cannot configure device. My power LED is solid green. What step am I missing here?

* Unable to configure message.png (51.88 KB, 1638x1142 - viewed 123 times.)
SteveInWA
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 10:34:32 am »

Well, that's a new one.

Is this a brand new OBi 200, purchased from Amazon or Newegg, or did you get it used from eBay or elsewhere?  Did you make any configuration changes at all to the device before you added it to the OBiTALK dashboard?  For that matter, did you successfully add it using the **5 method, and you can successfully make test calls to the **9 222 222 222 echo test?

deluxman

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 10:38:32 am »

Yes, purchased new from Newegg a few days ago. Yes, able to  successfully add it using the **5 method, and can successfully make test calls to the **9 222 222 222 echo test
SteveInWA

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 11:03:47 am »

Thanks.

So:  I just now tested adding one of my Google Voice test accounts to one of my OBi devices, and it worked properly.  I'm wondering if it was just a momentary system outage when you tried it.

Try this:  Using Google Chrome browser on a laptop/desktop computer, not on a smartphone or tablet, press Ctrl-Shift-N to open an "incognito" browsing window (or, on Firefox, press Ctrl-Shift-P).

Sign into only the one Google account that holds your Google Voice inbound number.  Confirm that you see the number on the web page.  Leave that window open.  Press Ctrl-T to open another tab in that incognito/private browsing window.  Log into OBiTALK.  Click the 200 device.  Delete any previous SP configuration, then click the desired SP1-SP4, and click the button to set up Google Voice.  Follow the steps.  Make sure that the pop-up shows the same Gmail account as in the other browser tab.  Does that work?

deluxman

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 11:10:23 am »

Same message: Cannot configure device using the method you suggested.
SteveInWA

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 11:42:18 am »

Sorry, I am out of ideas.  Since it is a brand new device, it is under warranty and includes support.  Why don't you contact Obihai and ask for help.

jeffco

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 08:45:15 am »

I just had this problem last night. I was using Chrome browser, and I wasn't able to get an incognito window launched, so instead I used a different browser--Internet Explorer. It worked the first time. It might have been related to the google account, as I have a primary one set up for Chrome that was not the one I'm using for Obitalk.

I don't use Internet Explorer much, and I just signed in to the account I wanted. The phone connected to Obitalk right away when I went through the steps.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: