News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 & Google Voice started working again?

Started by turnstyle, December 21, 2017, 11:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnstyle

Hi all,

My Obi100 & Google Voice stopped working about a week ago, came here and learned that (as I understand) something like a Google certificate change was going to permanently break this combination, and got some suggestion.

Other stuff got in the way, and I just left it sitting.

Then all of a sudden it started working again. Anybody happen to know if Google reversed the change? Or is it perhaps something less helpful (like new certificates are only on some servers, and perhaps my obi is talking to one with an older cert).

I thought it was done for good -- then all of a sudden started working again.

turnstyle

Thanks -- I guess I was hoping for that "death-row-sentence reprieve" -- I'll keep an eye on that other thread.

And thanks again for even bothering to point me to the correct thread.

deluxman

Yes, my Obi110 is also working again but it can only do outgoing call and not able to receive calls. Anyone has the same issue?

mschuman

I'm a newbie and just bought an Obi 200.  I have the same "We could not complete your call.  Please try again" problem using the Obi 200.  I can make GV calls using my computer, but when I try to use the Obi 200, nothing goes through.  Any thoughts?

SteveInWA

Quote from: mschuman on December 22, 2017, 07:36:15 PM
I'm a newbie and just bought an Obi 200.  I have the same "We could not complete your call.  Please try again" problem using the Obi 200.  I can make GV calls using my computer, but when I try to use the Obi 200, nothing goes through.  Any thoughts?

Welcome to OBiland!

There's not enough information in your post to give you an answer yet.

Pick up the phone attached to your OBi.  I assume you have a dialtone, right?  If not, that's a show-stopper.  If you do, then dial **9 222 222 222 and you should be connected to the OBi echo test line.  Does that work?