January 19, 2018, 07:28:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Potential new OBi1xx firmware  (Read 2643 times)
GPz1100

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2017, 11:49:44 am »

They could, but once the gv provisioning takes place, I don't think they can selectively disable certain accounts.  In fact, it's highly likely they're using the same OAuth Client ID for the obi1xx and obi2xx series.  This may change in the future.  Could be a lead in for forcing another device upgrade once the obi2xx goes EOL.  We'll be right back where we are now with the 1xx series.

Once set up, it's best to disable the obitalk provisioning altogether to keep the boxes from phoning back home.  Same with automatic firmware updates, in fact, might as well set everything under the auto provisioning subsection to disabled (there's 4 items).

WelshPaul
OBi Phone Beta Tester

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2017, 12:06:41 pm »

I guess if they block a device and remove it from an OBiTALK account (if found to be running the modified firmware), a reset and reboot would occur? So, as you pointed out above, disable all provisioning to keep the boxes from phoning back home and hopefully that should stop the reset and reboot from occurring!?!

As for OBIHAI, they will close this loop hole on their existing devices and once they go EOL everyone will be S.O.L!

EDIT: I have uploaded a video to youtube demonstrating how to patch the firmware, search for it.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 01:38:51 pm by WelshPaul » Logged

For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: