News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call forwarding problem...

Started by andyha, August 14, 2011, 01:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyha

First of all when I am making changes to my configuration should i login to the IP of my OBI and do the changes there or should I use expert configuration with the web interface? I just don't get why there are 2 interfaces...

Anyways when I configure SP1 to callforwardunconditional (it doesn't seem to matter which interface I use) and put my cell number in there, calls coming into my OBI go straight to the voicemail on my SP1 account? (FreePhoneline.ca) Any ideas what'soing on?

RonR

Quote from: andyha on August 14, 2011, 01:36:05 PM
First of all when I am making changes to my configuration should i login to the IP of my OBI and do the changes there or should I use expert configuration with the web interface? I just don't get why there are 2 interfaces...

There's only one real interface: the OBi itself (the IP address returned by ***1).  The OBi is a standalone device and it's the settings in the OBi itself that control it.  The OBiTALK Web Portal is an OBi interface simulator that simply updates the real OBi settings from afar.  The only benefit I can see to using the OBiTALK Web Portal is the situation where the OBi is located somewhere such that it cannot be configured directly.  In this case, the OBiTALK Web Portal allows you to configure the OBi remotely.  Not all settings and status are available at the OBiTALK Web Portal, so it does have some disadvantages.  Personally, I prefer the direct access method.

Anyways when I configure SP1 to callforwardunconditional (it doesn't seem to matter which interface I use) and put my cell number in there, calls coming into my OBI go straight to the voicemail on my SP1 account? (FreePhoneline.ca) Any ideas what'soing on?

Are you forwarding the calls to your cell phone using SP1?  If so, does FreePhoneLine support an incoming call and an outgoing call simultaneously?  What is showing in Call Status when the incoming call should be forwarding?  What is shown in Call History afterward?

QBZappy

FreePhoneLine offers 2 channels with a DID.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

andyha

Quote from: RonR on August 14, 2011, 01:56:43 PM

There's only one real interface: the OBi itself (the IP address returned by ***1).  The OBi is a standalone device and it's the settings in the OBi itself that control it.  The OBiTALK Web Portal is an OBi interface simulator that simply updates the real OBi settings from afar.  The only benefit I can see to using the OBiTALK Web Portal is the situation where the OBi is located somewhere such that it cannot be configured directly.  In this case, the OBiTALK Web Portal allows you to configure the OBi remotely.  Not all settings and status are available at the OBiTALK Web Portal, so it does have some disadvantages.  Personally, I prefer the direct access method.

Are you forwarding the calls to your cell phone using SP1?  If so, does FreePhoneLine support an incoming call and an outgoing call simultaneously?  What is showing in Call Status when the incoming call should be forwarding?  What is shown in Call History afterward?

Ok well it looks like freePhoneLine accepts 2 channels and as far as call status goes, it shows nothing when I call into the OBI from my wifes cell phone, call history shows no call placed and the call goes directly to FPL voicemail.

RonR

DID's are frequently incoming only.  Do FreePhoneLine DID's permit outgoing calls through them?

Obviously, you have to be getting a call into the OBi before the OBi can forward it back out.   :)

andyha

Quote from: RonR on August 14, 2011, 06:57:55 PM
DID's are frequently incoming only.  Do FreePhoneLine DID's permit outgoing calls through them?

Obviously, you have to be getting a call into the OBi before the OBi can forward it back out.   :)

Hey Ron, thanks a lot for your help, you got me thinking in the right direction! FPL has a call forwarding feature and it was disabled, I enabled it and now it is forwarding! Thanks again.