News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Firmware update 3.2.2 (Build: 5859EX) has caused voice service not to register f

Started by Tireduser, May 12, 2018, 11:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tireduser

Have two Obi200 devices working in India one is connected on Broadband provided by phone service provider and another connected to Passive Fibernet service provided by Hathway India using GPON router (of ZTE corporation) through Netgear R6300v2 router used as a repeater.

The problem I am reporting is with the 2nd one (the 1st device with same firmware build is still working) Till the Firmware was 3.2.1 (Build: 5794EX) the Obi200 had no problem in connecting to Google voice though of late I faced call drop after a few minutes of talking. But after this new auto firmware update this device has stopped connecting to Google voice and I get mail messages from Obihai that Service Offline Alert -- OBi Device (510xxxxxx) is Not Registered
Your voice service is not registering. This could be due to a temporary service disruption or an incorrect login credential. In most cases, reconfiguring the voice service with the proper login credential will resolve the issue.

I have tried following methods as suggested by Troubleshooting and none of them seems to resolve the issue:
1. Deleted device and added it afresh (many times).
2. Trashed SP1 device and setup Google Voice again (many Times)
3. Entered device config through IP and tried reset/ old Build no success (many times). Checksum problem prevents going back to previous Build.
4. Read In addition:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13824.0 and checked my Google voice settings I don't find the options mentioned in this topic under Calls/Incoming Calls/ My devices and Only find this as per attached image (for obvious reasons I blanked out Google linked number and GmailID). I only find a Red circle with an white triangle inside having a red exclamatory mark inside this triangle and asking me to reverify the Home number this has been there for a long time and I doubt pending re-verification could be the problem or could it be? I am shocked that this Obi200 bought in Dec 2017 has become a useless device now. How do I resolve it?  :o
BTW calls made to the Google Voice number shows up in the Hangouts as missed voice call. Have attached screenshots of the PON Router

Nightowl

I relate to your comment "I am shocked that this Obi200 bought in Dec 2017 has become a useless device now. How do I resolve it?"  I now have two Obi devices that are worthless after Google changes things and Obi has to update the firmware to keep up.

Tireduser

Since I had two devices I wanted to interchange them and check if the problem lies with the device or the ISP. I did that and found both the devices are OK it is only Hathway the passive Optical network which has caused the problem. They want to know which are the ports that need to be kept open for Google Voice connect. From my side I want to know how to configure DMZ on GPON router