News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phone connected to Obi200 Not Receiving Incoming Calls (Google Voice)

Started by frozencustard, December 24, 2017, 08:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPz1100

@Steve, it is possible to change the priority for the gvgw registration.  Default is 127 (highest). 

There's usually little/no reason to change this.  I had mine lowered to prevent conflict with freepbx/motif. If the gw was logged into and so was motif, last one to log in would be the one to receive inbound calls.  With the lower priority, if the pbx goes down then the gateway takes over.

SteveInWA

I'm aware of that.  I'm also aware that there are two different audiences here in the forum:  the technically-savvy, DIY people who love playing with PBXs and configuring software, and the basic users who have simply seen the OBi products advertised or heard a friend or neighbor mention them.  The latter group is by far the largest, and the source of most of the "newbie" questions.  When I see a post from a user who appears to just be trying to get their purchased magic mystery box to work, I try to steer them to the least-complex answer, and one that they won't need to come back in a year and say "how the heck did I get to do that before <insert event here, like the box died, or they wiped out the advanced settings, or were too lazy to write down whatever setting they were told to change, etc.>?"

By Obihai's guestimate, there might be a thousand or two advanced OBi users, vs. millions of basic consumers and business customers, and an even smaller number of advanced users experimenting with non-OBi solutions such as PBXs.

Thanks for mentioning the setting.

spoiledsport

Is there any way for me to keep both? Can I change the priority or something. I haven't replaced all my OBi110s. I have some in my other place. The surprising thing is that every time I re-register the OBi200, I get the first incoming call, but not the subsequent ones.

I will try disabling for the time being and see what happens. I will prefer to change priority (if possible).

GPz1100

On the obi2xx units there's a setting under Voice services/SPx Service/Calling Features/X_XMPPPriority .  You could try adjusting that.  For the 1xx units with simonics gateway, you'll have to open a ticket to get that changed.

SteveInWA

I don't know what XMPP priority the Simonics GVGW is using; again, the reason your devices aren't ringing is because the GVGW is grabbing the priority.  Rebooting the device(s) is simply and temporarily giving the last device to connect to the Google XMPP server the priority, but it will be superseded as soon as GVGW re-connects.

You would have to a) find out from Bill Simon what priority GVGW is using, and b) if it the highest, then lower it to some level, and then c) enter a higher level on the OBiTALK portal for your OBi, in "expert configuration" mode, and then d) write this down, so you don't come back here in a year and ask how to do it again.  I have not tried this myself, so, while it may work in theory, the only way to prove it works is to try it.

From the OBiTALK dashboard, click on your OBi 20x device(s).  Get past the various links and buttons and warnings, to get into expert configuration mode, then go to "Voice Services", and click on the SPx that you are using for Google Voice (SP1--SP4), then scroll down to the calling features section, then remove BOTH check marks to the right of the following value, and then enter the desired priority, and then click "Submit" at the bottom of the page.

See the screenshot below.

spoiledsport

Thanks for all this information. It really helps me understand how this work. I just head out to the Simon GW web site to see how the priority this is configured. I see the following

XMPP priority 127: Previously, all GVGW accounts were set at standard priority 20, which allowed other Google Talk/Chat programs to "override" the login and intercept incoming calls. (For example, if you opened GMail chat on the same account as your Google Voice number registered on the GVGW, incoming calls would ring on GMail chat and not on the gateway.) Having received a lot of feedback on this, I've set the default priority to 127 (highest) for all new registrations. With that, all Google Voice calls should hit the gateway, even if you open other Google Talk clients on the same account.

That means that I am basically done. I will send an email to request for this priority to be changed for my device. I would really love to both devices ringing for incoming calls. Could I set the same priority for the OBI200? Would that allow for both connections to ring on incoming calls?

Once again, thanks for all your help.

SteveInWA

You will have to work it out with Bill Simon.  127 is the highest priority.  You cannot set the OBi to the same value and expect it to work.

GPz1100

Having both set to the same priority will not work.  It's one or the other.  If the higher priority device is offline then the next one in the list gets the call.

The work around to ring both devices is to use an intermediary such as callcentric.  You establish an account with them then add one of their free NY DID products.  The assigned number is irrelevant.  No one will ever see it or use it.  

The obi not using the gateway will need to have the callcentric sip credentials configured in one of the SPx slots.  If it's a 202 model, you'll need to configure which phone port you want that spx slot to ring for inbound calls.

Make some test calls to the DID yourself (using another phone) to make sure your obi is properly configured to receive calls.  Then add the callcentric DID (note, it's not a number starting with 1777xxxxxx - that's your callcentric account number) to google voice as a forwarding number.  Google will make a test call to it to validate.

When all is said and done, both devices will ring for incoming calls to that gv #.  The one using the gateway profile will likely ring before the callcentric because it's a more direct path.

azrobert

Quote from: spoiledsport on February 08, 2018, 01:42:50 PM
I would really love to both devices ringing for incoming calls.

I have a question for you. I own an OBi110 that stopped working, but it started working on December 19th and is still working. Have any of your OBi110s started working again?
See:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13360.0

There is a very easy fix to get both boxes to ring. After lowering the GVGW priority, you can then modify the OBi200 inbound route to ring the phone port and also send the call over the OBiTalk network to the OBi110. Use OBi Expert to make the following changes:

OBi200
Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: ph,pp(200123456)

Replace 200123456 with the OBi number of the OBi110.

OBi110
Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute: ph

This is the default, but the setup process might have changed it.

Have you tried/understood Taoman's suggestion?
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13398.msg87037#msg87037

Delete the GV trunk on the OBi200 and then register the OBi200 to the same GVGW account. Use a suffix on the OBi's AuthUserName. Use GV18005551212x1 on one box and GV18005551212x2 on the other. Both boxes should now receive inbound calls.

spoiledsport

I haven't try my OBI110s without the Simon Gateway.  I will try that tonight and let you know.

GPz1100

@azrobert  Am I correct in understanding that your method requires obitalk to be accessible and working?  I probably didn't think of your method as i'm used to fully disabling and blocking obitalk.

As always, several ways to achieve a similar end result.

drgeoff

Quote from: GPz1100 on February 08, 2018, 03:43:08 PM
@azrobert  Am I correct in understanding that your method requires obitalk to be accessible and working?
Yes and yes.