News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to configure google voice with obi200

Started by sms169, December 26, 2017, 05:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sms169

I (forcefully) upgraded to the obi200 from the obi100 that I had before and am trying to set up Google voice on it. So far here is what I see :

-- Solid green power led
-- Test echo call works fine
-- Completed the oauth authentication with google voice
-- I see a "configuring" spinner for a long time
-- Ends up in "offline" state

I've tried a bunch of things like :
-- made sure the google voice is not showing up on my obi100 device
-- deleted the obi100 device from my account
-- opened an incognito browser and tried the process
-- revoked permissions from my google account settings page
-- sent an email to customer support

but none have worked so far.

Can someone please help ? Do I have a bad device that I should return ?

SteveInWA

Hi:

Is this a brand new OBi 200, purchased from an authorized retailer like Obihai via Amazon, or Newegg, or is it from eBay/Craigslist/elsewhere? 

Pick up the phone attached to the OBi and key in ***0 then 1# to hear the current firmware installed.  It should be  3.2.1.5757(EX).  If not, then install the latest firmware by downloading it here:  http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-2-1-5757EX.fw

sms169

Thanks Steve. I bought mine on Newegg a few days back. My device was not on the latest firmware. It was on 5738.

I upgraded my firmware but I am still not able to connect to google voice :( It still shows offline after showing "configuring" for a while.

Any other ideas/suggestions ?

SteveInWA

A handful of other users are reporting this failure today, so I am guessing that there is a server down somewhere.  I suggest just enjoying your holiday week, and trying again later.

Brandon2017

I'm having the exact same problem.  Even after updating firmware. 

mimiObi200

Brand new obi200 purchased from  B&Hphoto. Firmware updated to 3.2.1 (Build: 5757EX).  Used to own obi110 and deleted it from obitalk portal a month ago. Added obi200 to the account and went thru the steps to add Googlevoice.  When obitalk.com seems to get stuck at  "Configuring" for a long time and then turns declares the device to be "Offline".   Cannot set up callcentric either. Sent a message to helpdesk last night and no response.

obitalk support tab shows
Hardware Warranty and Premium Technical Support
Start Date  Dec 2017
End   Date  Dec 2018
Status Active

Any suggestions?

drgeoff

With so many similar reports I'd surmise that there is a backend problem at Obihai or GV and the only thing you can do is wait until that is sorted out.

CorF

Exactly same problems. Can't configure GV or CallCentric. Wondering if OBi200 needs any special configuration at router?

HateNettalk

>:( I am having the same problem and it is very frustrating.  I even opened up a new Google Account and changed my Google Voice phone number and still nothing seems to work.  I can use Google Voice on my laptop but not through OBi.  I think the problem is OBI.  Thanks OBI for forcing us OBi100 uses to upgrade to something that does not work.  I do have the lastest firmware update on my OBi.

mimiObi200

Quote from: mimiObi200 on December 27, 2017, 08:40:31 AM
Brand new obi200 purchased from  B&Hphoto. Firmware updated to 3.2.1 (Build: 5757EX).  Used to own obi110 and deleted it from obitalk portal a month ago. Added obi200 to the account and went thru the steps to add Googlevoice.  When obitalk.com seems to get stuck at  "Configuring" for a long time and then turns declares the device to be "Offline".   Cannot set up callcentric either. Sent a message to helpdesk last night and no response.

obitalk support tab shows
Hardware Warranty and Premium Technical Support
Start Date  Dec 2017
End   Date  Dec 2018
Status Active

Any suggestions?

Sent an email to obihai support last night and today @1 pm, got an email from  support GV should work now. Seems to be fixed now.