News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

ObiBT and OBiLine Questions.

Started by kb3pxr, December 27, 2017, 03:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb3pxr

I'm in the planning stages of changing VoIP providers, and I'm considering Obi Devices. I'm also planning on acquiring Obi Devices in three phases to spread costs over time. I have no real questions on phase one as that configuration is rather simple (Obi202 with SIP Provider and OBiBT for voice on PH1 and SIP Provider for my Fax Machine on PH2).

Phase two is where I plan on replacing my analog telephone with an Obi 1032, but only if I can use the Obi 1032 to make and receive calls with the mobile phone paired with the ObiBT on the 202. While I also intend to have an OBiBT on the OBi 1032, it will be used for my headset which can't be used with two phones at the same time (old Headset). To simplify my inquiry is the following possible?

• Mobile Telephone paired with Obi 202 rings -> Obi 202 rings other devices on the account which do NOT include either of the 202's phone ports, I answer the "Mobile" Line on the 1032 (or other devices added later) and talk.
    I Select "Mobile" Line on Obi 1032 (or other devices added later) -> enter number -> call routes from the device I'm using to the Obi 202 to my mobile phone.

My question on ObiLine is simple. Can I have Obi Devices ring when the POTS line connected to the ObiLine ring, without the ObiLine Seizing the line until an Obi Device Answers? Related question 1, is it possible to program an Obi Phone to NOT answer a specified lines by lifting the handset alone but requiring both a handset lift and pressing the line button to answer (AKA I want to lift handset while a specified line is ringing and receive a dial tone, not the ringing call)? Related question 2, is it possible to barge in on an ObiLine when it detects a parallel telephone in use and can it be programed to only allow barge in when the appropriate line button is pressed? (Pressing Line button allows barge in, but 911 route goes to the next available outward trunk.)

Summary of what I'm asking:

Can I access an OBiBT Line on another device remotely?
Can ObiLine Monitor a POTS line and ring Obi Devices while remaining on hook?
Can I require pressing a line key to answer a ringing line (in my case ObiLine) even if I take a handset off hook, while having other lines operate normally so I don't answer the specified line in error?
Can I Barge in on a call being handled by a parallel telephone on Obiline, with the line key only?

Bonus question, is there a way to get a Miliwatt (1004 Hz 0dBm) tone like Asterisk?