News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Problems with OBI110 devices

Started by jcgalvezv, August 14, 2011, 05:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcgalvezv

I have 2 OBI110 devices located in two different countries. Both are updated to the latest firmware. Both devices have the same configuration (obviously different account but the same providers). SP1 =>  GV and SP2 => CallCentric.

I am facing these problems:

1. When device 1 calls device 2 using ObiTalk there is no ring at device 2.
2. When device 2 calls device 1 using OBITalk device 1 hears what person at device 2 says buy device 2 doesn't hear anything.
3. When Calling from device 2 to device 1 using CallCentric the voice is really choppy.
4. When calling from device 1 to device 2 using GV there is no ring at device 2. If device 2 calls device 1 there is ring buy the same audio problem in point 2.

A reboot fixes the problem.

I have read several problems reported by the forum member that seem related to the same problem. Read these:

Other person can't hear me..
OBi110 scheduled reboot.

We should not be rebooting OBI devices to fix the problems. There should be a firmware upgrade to fix this issues.

I do like OBI110 devices and as a veteran Sipura 3000 and Linksys 3102 devices user I must say that OBI110 is much more complete and flexible. But, with this issues I would think twice before buying a new oneor recommending it to some one else.

Is there any near future firmware release to fix this problem?

OBiSupport

Hi,

We like you to contact our support team at support@obihai.com, and let us know both of your OBi numbers.

How often do your devices run in the problems you described? we like to take a close look at both your devices, and please do not reboot your devices but inform us when the problem occurs.

Thank you,

jcgalvezv

Thank you for your reply.

The problem occurs almost twice per week.

I needed to reboot my device today because I did a configuration change. As soon as I have the problem again I will send you an email.