News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 200 - Data led flashes, power led does not, cannot make calls

Started by sailesh, December 30, 2017, 11:21:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sailesh

Data led flashes, power led does not, cannot connect to ibitalk .
I had a working Obi 200 with google voice. All of a sudden not able to make/receive calls.
Dashboard showed offline status. Since its offline I cannot make any test calls.
I tried reconfiguring the device no luck. Also unable to login into the 200 with  the IP address.
Any ideas how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance

drgeoff

You say the OBi's power LED is not flashing but that does not inform us as to whether it is on or off and if on what colour.  Within a couple of seconds of powering up it should be steady green.  If it is, simple things first:

1.  Power cycle the router.  Wait 2 minutes and power cycle the OBi200.

If still not working:

2.  Plug the ethernet cable from the OBi200 into a different LAN port on your router and power cycle the Obi200.

3.  Use a different ethernet cable. and power cycle the OBi.

If the power LED remains red. https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/My-power-LED-is-red

sailesh

Power LED is red when first powered on then no lights on power led. Only the DATA led flashes.
Tried different cables and port on modem but still no power led light after the initial few seconds of red 

drgeoff

Quote from: sailesh on December 30, 2017, 12:11:45 PM
Power LED is red when first powered on then no lights on power led. Only the DATA led flashes.
Tried different cables and port on modem but still no power led light after the initial few seconds of red 
Do you get dial tone when you take the handset off-hook?

drgeoff

Looks like you have a hardware failure.

Try another wall-wart if you have a suitable one.  12 volts, positive centre, plug that fits.  Ideally at least 800 mA but 500 mA may be enough to test.  More than 800 mA is no problem.

You can try a reset to factory defaults though I would not be optimistic.  Follow the link I gave in my first reply.