News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

My new requirement

Started by kingrocks, August 15, 2011, 12:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingrocks

Hi, I have Obi 110 and I already have google voice set up(line1). Now my calling cards allow to call Switzerland unlimited from one number only i.e from cell phone or landline or office number only. I some how want to use Obi110 as a voice gateway and once I dial a google voice number it will allow me to dial the calling card number and then followed by the destination number.I have OOMA and OBI110 at home.
Can anyone give some suggestions?

Thanks

RonR

Is it your OOMA that you want to be placing the call to your calling card from when you're calling in through Google Voice?

For example:

Cell phone -> Google Voice -> OBi110 -> OOMA -> Calling card number

kingrocks

Ron,

I want to use OOMA or a google voice which ever is simpler. But I can register only 1 phone number with my calling card number.

RonR

You can connect the OOMA to the LINE Port of the OBi.  You can then set the OBi to use either SP1 (Google Voice) or the OOMA as your default line (PrimaryLine) when making calls from the OBi PHONE Port (the other line can be selected using **1 (SP1) or **8 (LINE Port).  Incoming calls from both the OOMA and Google Voice would normally ring the OBi PHONE Port.

If there's only a few numbers that are to be allowed to call the Google Voice number and place outgoing calls, those specific numbers can be sent to the OBi Auto Attendant and all others will ring the OBi PHONE Port directly (callers who reach the Auto Attendant can make outgoing calls or be connected to the OBi PHONE Port).  Or ALL callers to the Google Voice number can be sent to the Auto Attendant.

If you give me your preferences, I'll try to assist you with the configuration.

kingrocks

Ron,
Thanks for assisting on this. I want to use google voice. .Now I want to give 2-3 numbers only to make outgoing calls. I already have a google voice setup. Can I make use of this or need to use other google voice number?

Thanks

RonR

Do you want the OOMA in the mix or are you saying you want to have Google Voice and the OBi be the only pieces for the calling card usage?  One Google Voice account can handle both the incoming caller and the outging call to the calling card.

kingrocks

I don't want to use my OOMA minutes. I want to always use google voice minutes as they are free.

RonR

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {(1?(7145550001|7145550002|7145550003)):aa},{ph}

where 7145550001, 7145550002, 7145550003 are trusted callers.

Incoming calls from a number in the trusted callers list will be routed to the Auto Attendant where they can press: (1) to ring the OBi PHONE Port, (2) to place an outgoing call, or (3) have the Auto Attendant call them back.  All other callers will ring the OBi PHONE Port directly.

kingrocks

How to configure this? Do I need to use a new google voice account or the existing GV account? How to enable auto attendant?  I am a noob.

RonR

You said you already had Google Voice set up.  Simply log into the OBi at the IP address returned by dialing ***1 and edit the setting:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute

to:

{(1?(7145550001|7145550002|7145550003)):aa},{ph}

replacing 7145550001, 7145550002, and 7145550003 with the phone numbers you want to go to the Auto Attendant.  Click on Submit at the bottom of the page andthen click on the Reboot button in the top right corner.

That should do it.

kingrocks

what about masking the caller ID? Will that be taken care automatically?

kingrocks

OMG. I never thought this setup was so damn easy. You have invented a 8th wonder.

Thanks again.

RonR

That's what the X_InboundCallRoute is doing.  It's matching the CallerID against the numbers in the first rule.  If the caller's CallerID matches one of the numbers, the call is routed to the Auto Attendant (aa).   If not, the call is routed to the PHONE Port (ph).

If you make this change from the OBiTALK Web Portal (OBi Expert), no other changes are neeeded.  If you make the change directly as I previously suggested, you also need to disable Auto Provisioning:

System Management -> Auto Provisionng -> Auto Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

kingrocks

Thanks RON.
I did made the changes from OBI portal and not from local IP address for OBI.
Thanks again for saving me few bucks on my international minutes.