News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Linux users only: load GV call details into a spreadsheet

Started by RobertThompson, January 02, 2018, 08:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertThompson

Hello:

I have created a Linux 64-bit program that will read your GV calls (after you out-load them) into a spreadsheet. This beta version will out-load "Notes" as well as time, duration, phone number etc.

I do not personally have many GV call records as I am Canadian and GV use is quite limited for us.

I would appreciate it if some Linux users would test my program against their calls.

To out-load your GV calls, go to https://www.google.com/settings/takeout. Select only "Voice" to out-load. Once out-loaded and down loaded to your pc, extract the zip file and copy my "StringPro" file to the "Calls" directory that is created by the extraction. Double-click it and it should run. (see tutorial on my website)

This will create a Tab Separated txt file that you can load into Excel or LibreOffice.

Let me know how it works for you, especially the "Notes" part.

NB: You will need to resize the width of the last column "L" to something much small than output and Format that column to wrap text automatically.

Thanks for any help with this,

Rob.
Rob.

www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com