September 21, 2018, 09:07:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Workaround for GV->Callcentric blocking calls from verification services?  (Read 3708 times)
Taron

« on: January 04, 2018, 01:42:13 pm »

So I have my Obi set up with Google Voice on SP1 which is set as the primary for outbound calls. I then have Callcentric set up on SP2 for 911 service. I have GV forward to my Callcentric number which then rings through to my Obi in order to get Caller ID through Callcentric.

Yesterday I was annoyed that my phone wasn't ringing when I was being called to verify my identity. Today I logged in to Callcentric to see if it was blocking the number as spam or something, and there was a big notice at the top of my dashboard that said:

We're sorry but our Free Phone Numbers CANNOT be used for verification purposes with third-party services, such as: WhatsApp, Craigslist, Ebay, etc...

Inbound calls to our Free Phone Numbers from third-party verification numbers will be blocked.

Is there any way around this? Like, can I somehow set specific incoming numbers to go directly from Google Voice to my Obi and bypass Callcentric when I know they will be blocked by this, and have the rest still go through Callcentric so I can get caller ID?

Or at the very least, if I know I'm about to need to do a verification call can I temporarily make Google Voice call my Obi directly without having to go through a painful process?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 02:13:30 pm by Taron » Logged
Taoman

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 02:40:46 pm »

Or at the very least, if I know I'm about to need to do a verification call can I temporarily make Google Voice call my Obi directly without having to go through a painful process?

Yes.

Go here:
https://www.google.com/voice/b/0/redirection/voice/#phones

Uncheck box for Callcentric
Check box for Google chat
Taron

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 03:55:11 pm »

Yes.

Go here:
https://www.google.com/voice/b/0/redirection/voice/#phones

Uncheck box for Callcentric
Check box for Google chat

Thanks!  Is there no way to do that with the new GV interface then? I didn't think to go back to the old one to do it, but in the new one I don't see where you go to tell it to send calls to Google Chat again...
Taoman

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 04:18:29 pm »

Is there no way to do that with the new GV interface then?

Correct.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: