News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New OBI200-Echo Call not working and won't register on dashboard

Started by WildBillPDX, November 22, 2018, 01:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildBillPDX

I have a brand new OBI200 purchased from Amazon which I'm trying to connect and configure.  When I dial **9222222222 I never hear anything on the phone, but the OBI log shows that the call connected.  When I try to add it to my account, it never registers.  I currently have the OBI200 in my routers DMZ and it still doesn't seem to work.

I've rebooted my router and the OBI200 multiple times but never get any success.  Looking for things to try that I  may have missed. 

Sysinfo on device:

ModelName   OBi200   

HardwareVersion   1.4   h
SoftwareVersion   3.2.1 (Build: 5735EX)   
SystemTime   13:40:09 11/22/2018, Thursday

Normal (User Mode) (0)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

drgeoff

Quote from: WildBillPDX on November 22, 2018, 01:42:22 PM
I have a brand new OBI200 purchased from Amazon which I'm trying to connect and configure.  When I dial **9222222222 I never hear anything on the phone, but the OBI log shows that the call connected.  When I try to add it to my account, it never registers.  I currently have the OBI200 in my routers DMZ and it still doesn't seem to work.

I've rebooted my router and the OBI200 multiple times but never get any success.  Looking for things to try that I  may have missed. 

Sysinfo on device:

ModelName   OBi200   

HardwareVersion   1.4   h
SoftwareVersion   3.2.1 (Build: 5735EX)   
SystemTime   13:40:09 11/22/2018, Thursday

Normal (User Mode) (0)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
There appears to be a current problem on the OBihai servers regarding adding a device to the portal.  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=15399.msg96107#msg96107

However, I have verified immediately prior to typing this that the echo test is working.  Do you hear dial tone when you take a phone plugged directly into the OBi off-hook?  If not, try another phone.

In a residential setup it is rarely necessary to put an OBi in a router's DMZ or configure port forwarding etc.  If the router has a "SIP ALG" setting it is often beneficial to disable it.

WildBillPDX

Thanks for your quick reply.  Yes, I get dial tone but the echo test doesn't seem to connect, even though the log on the device shows otherwise:

Call 1   11/22/2018    12:25:22   
12:25:22   From PH1   To PP1(ob222222222)
12:25:48      Call Connected
12:25:51   Call Ended   

I placed the OBI in my dmz only as test since it isn't working.

Update:

After factory reset and firmware upgrade last night I was finally able to get the echo call test to work.  No luck with adding the device to my obitalk account.

drgeoff

As I already said above, there is a known issue with the Obihai servers which is causing the **5 procedure to fail. You'll just need to be patient and wait for that to be fixed. http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=15399.msg96181#msg96181

For future reference, dial tone is generated internally by the OBi irrespective of the network connection. Even with no cable plugged in to the OBi's ethernet socket, you should get dial tone to an off-hook phone.

WildBillPDX

Finally added my device after Polycom fixed the problem with their servers.

madhatter

lucky you ... my existing Obi 200 stopped working and I was unable to complete the configuration with GV.  I took another Obi 200 that was configured with a different GV account and changed the GV account to the one that wasn't working and that workaround fixed the configuration problem, but now my OBIEXTRAS are assigned to the first (non-working) Obi 200.  What a mess.  I opened tickets and sent emails yesterday but have not heard anything back from them yet.