News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Talk Not Calling Through to Obi

Started by LMPinForum, January 04, 2018, 02:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMPinForum

Just recently (last couple weeks or so), my ability to click a Google Contact phone number and ask to call via Google Talk through to my Obi202 is not longer working.  No error is provided.  The call just never goes through to the Obi.

My Obi is on the 3-2-1-5757EX firmware, which I understand is current.

Calls to my Google Voice number are being routed through to the Obi correctly.  I am able to make outbound calls through the Obi just fine.

What can be done to resolve this?

SteveInWA

Nothing can be done about it, and it is totally unrelated to anything OBi.

Google isn't supporting that feature any more.  You should be able to copy and paste the number into the Google Voice website to make the call, though.

LMPinForum

RaytaNYC, great answer!!  Works great!  Thanks!

justtalk

>>Get a Callcentric Account free inbound number.
OK

>>Install in SP3
Note to self: SP3 probably refers to a third service provider setup in  an obihai box that supports that many SP.

>>Have your GV calls that you initiate from your keyboard go to the Callcentric #

Would you please explain in a little more detail, I do not understand what you mean here. Problem is I cannot initiate GV calls from web+keyboard/mouse (click-to-call), so I cannot make sense of your suggestion. Probably I am just missing some critical detail. And why is having an additional Callcentric number crucial?

Wait a minute, I think I understand  now. Use the Callcentric number as an additional forwarding destination for GV, and then it will be also available in the click-to-call dropdown menu selection. Add the Callcentric also to the Obihai
box, and it will ring the obihai phone as desired. DId I get it right?

Taoman

Quote from: justtalk on January 24, 2018, 03:48:23 PM

Wait a minute, I think I understand  now. Use the Callcentric number as an additional forwarding destination for GV, and then it will be also available in the click-to-call dropdown menu selection. Add the Callcentric also to the Obihai
box, and it will ring the obihai phone as desired. DId I get it right?

Correct, correct, and yes.

nkul26

Quote from: LMPinForum on January 04, 2018, 02:30:23 PM
Just recently (last couple weeks or so), my ability to click a Google Contact phone number and ask to call via Google Talk through to my Obi202 is not longer working.  No error is provided.  The call just never goes through to the Obi.

Calls to my Google Voice number are being routed through to the Obi correctly.  I am able to make outbound calls through the Obi just fine.

Go into your google voice account. In the phone transfer settings, make sure Google chat is checked. It isn't by default.

SteveInWA

Quote from: nkul26 on February 08, 2018, 04:22:56 PM
Quote from: LMPinForum on January 04, 2018, 02:30:23 PM

Go into your google voice account. In the phone transfer settings, make sure Google chat is checked. It isn't by default.

No.  He already said that regular inbound calls work.

The issue is that the click-to-call function in Google Contacts has always been fragile.  It works or breaks, depending on which browser you use, which extensions or plugins you have on that browser, etc.

Try using Google Chrome Browser, and install the Google Voice extension for Chrome Browser.  When the GV extension is enabled, it adds some functionality to Contacts that includes the click-to-call.

Here's the extension:  https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-voice-by-google/kcnhkahnjcbndmmehfkdnkjomaanaooo?hl=en