News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Issue with Obi200 & GV setup: Says 'Configuring' and goes to 'Offline'

Started by baggy, January 05, 2018, 02:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baggy

Hello,
I need your help in getting my Obi200 connected to Google voice.
Even after following suggested steps, my device says 'Configuring' for a while and then goes back to 'Offline'

Here are further details -
Location - US
Obi200 with Software version 3.2.1 (Build: 5757EX)
Google voice already has Chat option checked and other suggested options.
I have already added and verified a US mobile number on my GV account

I have tried removing the Obi200 from account, adding it back again - Didn't work
Removing the Obi device from account, resetting it, adding it back - Didn't work
Adding the same device (without removing it) - Didn't work

I tried including screenshots but it is erroring out.
Any help is greatly appreciated !
Thanks !

drgeoff

baggy

Yes that is the post I followed. but no luck.

Taoman

Quote from: baggy on January 07, 2018, 07:13:07 PM

While admittedly a long shot, try going thru the process again but use a different web browser (like MS Edge or IE).

SteveInWA

It should simply work, but we've seen mysterious and temporary instances of it hanging.  Is this a brand new OBi 200, purchased from an authorized retailer (Amazon, Fry's, Newegg), or is it used, and/or purchased from eBay or Craigslist?  Was it ever attached to a different OBiTALK account?

baggy

Quote from: Taoman on January 07, 2018, 08:53:19 PM
Quote from: baggy on January 07, 2018, 07:13:07 PM

While admittedly a long shot, try going thru the process again but use a different web browser (like MS Edge or IE).

Yes tried those steps in Chrome and IE, same result.

baggy

Quote from: SteveInWA on January 07, 2018, 10:45:10 PM
It should simply work, but we've seen mysterious and temporary instances of it hanging.  Is this a brand new OBi 200, purchased from an authorized retailer (Amazon, Fry's, Newegg), or is it used, and/or purchased from eBay or Craigslist?  Was it ever attached to a different OBiTALK account?

Purchased new from amazon 3 years back.
Used it with my account #1 for a while
Configured it with my account #2 couple of weeks back, worked fine for 2 / 3 days and stopped working one fine day.

SteveInWA

Here's what I would try next:

• Log onto the OBiTALK web portal, click on the OBi, and click the blue "Delete Device" button, and completely remove the OBi from your account.  Leave that browser tab open.
  • Press Ctrl-T to open a new browser tab.  Log into the correct Google/Gmail account that holds your Google Voice number, and go here:  https://myaccount.google.com/.  Under "Sign-in & Security", click "Apps with account access."  On the next page, click "MANAGE APPS".  Click each app that has access to Hangouts and then click "Remove access".  This includes OBiTALK/Google Voice and Simon Telephonics Google Voice Gateway.
  • On that same browser tab, go to the Google Voice web page, and confirm that you see your inbound Google Voice phone number:  https://voice.google.com/settings  If you don't see it, you're logged into the wrong account.  Log into the correct account and repeat the app deletion procedure.  If you do see your number, then continue.
  • Unplug both the power cord and the Ethernet cable from the OBi.  Plug in just the power cord, wait for it to boot up (power LED blinks for a while, then stays on).  Pick up the phone, and key in ***8 then 1, to restore the OBi to factory default values.
  • Unplug the power cord again.  Plug in the Ethernet cable.  Plug in the power cord.  Wait for it to boot up again.  When it does, follow Obihai's **5 procedure to add the OBi back to your OBiTALK dashboard.
  • Follow the procedure to configure Google Voice.  When it pops up the confirmation window, carefully examine the Gmail address it displays, to confirm that it is, in fact, the correct Google account.

If that doesn't work, then there's something else wrong.