News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI 200 not receiving the incoming calls properly

Started by kanik, January 08, 2018, 01:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kanik

Hi,

I recently purchased Obi 200 a month ago. I have setup with google voice. The device has the latest firmware version 3.2.1. After the setup It was working fine. Later, it started creating issues with incoming calls. I am not receiving incoming calls. If I do power cycle of the device, then incoming calls start to work again for that day. Next day I do not receive incoming calls again. Looks like I have to do power cycle of the device on a daily basis strangely for incoming calls to work properly. How ever outgoing calls are working properly with no issues. Does anyone have a similar issue? any help is appreciated.

Thanks

LKinWI

I am having this EXACT same issue.

I have contacted support and they told me to disable SIP ALG in the router, and if that does not fix it, to put the OBI200 in the DMZ of my router.

I did both of those things and it STILL has the same issue.

Obihai support has not contacted me back for two weeks after telling them I tried their suggestions and neither fixed the issue.

It seems like they don't know how to fix the issue. I'm about ready to drop my obi200 and suggest that anyone else looking at one to look elsewhere.

tazmo8448

What mine is doing is showing all incoming calls as UNKNOWN CALLER....it at least does allow incoming calls. I too changed from 100->200.....the 100 worked flawlessly this new money grab model is starting to look questionable.

One thing I've tried, WAITING for some answers, (see where a lot look at it but don't respond; plus I did submit a ticket).....is going into the IP browser page making sure all the corresponding boxes are checked an 'submitted' them hoping this 'new' configuration will do the trick. All I know to do at this point.

drgeoff

Quote from: kanik on January 08, 2018, 01:49:04 PM
Hi,

I recently purchased Obi 200 a month ago. I have setup with google voice. The device has the latest firmware version 3.2.1. After the setup It was working fine. Later, it started creating issues with incoming calls. I am not receiving incoming calls. If I do power cycle of the device, then incoming calls start to work again for that day. Next day I do not receive incoming calls again. Looks like I have to do power cycle of the device on a daily basis strangely for incoming calls to work properly. How ever outgoing calls are working properly with no issues. Does anyone have a similar issue? any help is appreciated.

Thanks
"3.2.1" is not precise enough to specify the firmware version.  You also need the number after that eg 5757.

tazmo8448

I think if you have to reset it to make it work for a day at a time that it needs to be RMA'd as that is not normal.

My issue is all calls are shown as UNKNOWN which leads me to believe that it is now a paid subscription service that they've added to Obi200 that was not there for Obi100....nothing but a money grab.