News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

caller ID for internal numbers

Started by Amill411, January 09, 2018, 01:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amill411

I'm trying to get internal numbers to show up on my OBI 1062 phones. Even after adding numbers to the phonebook when I buzz one phone from another it still just shows the phone number rather than the name saved in the phonebook.

I have several different phones and it makes it really hard to tell which phone is buzzing you when the number shows up without any other information.

Is there a way I can get the phones to show the actual phone book data when a call is incoming?

I also tried using my providers phonebook (voip.ms) because they have a built in phone book but it only works on external incoming calls.

drgeoff

What do you mean by "internal numbers"?

If I put a name and 9-digit Obitalk number in the 1032's phone book and call from that number over the Obitalk network, that name and number appear on the 1032's screen.

If I put a name against an Asterisk PBX extension number in the 1032's phone book and call from that number to the 1032's PBX number the 1032's screen shows the name sent by Asterisk, not the name in the 1032's phone book.