News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi registers services OK, however not routing calls

Started by ZzObi, August 15, 2011, 10:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZzObi

Hi everybody,

I have an Obi110 configured in US (SP1 GV, and SP2 VOIP.ms), then sent to China and installed there. Since it is a remote device, I manage the device through obitalk portal. After the device was installed in China, I changed the disconnect tone pattern as outlined in the China regional setting post using obitalk portal.

Everything worked fine for 2 weeks, and then neither SP1 (GV) nor SP2 (VOIP.ms) works. Through obitalk portal, I can see both SP1 and SP2 are registered just fine and obi is online. However, calls to either to SP1 or SP2 does not ring the attached phone and eventually goes to voice mail. Additionally, user there can not make calls either using SP1 or SP2 (service not available).

As the user in China is not techy, I am trying to diagnose and/or gather info before trouble shooting. I can not delete (therefore reset) the device remotely, so the next thing I did was remove both configured services, wait for a few minutes (so both services are un-registered), and then re-configure the services again. Both services registered just fine (again). Does that mean there is no DNS issue?

The next thing I will try is ask user there to power cycle the obi, and delete and add the device again. Before I do that, is there anything that I should look into?

Thanks,
ZZ

ZzObi

Change network settings to static, and specify google's DNS servers in setting did NOT help.

Also, Obi attendant actually picks up the call, if calling from a trusted number. Just the phone is not ringing, and can not place outbound calls.

Anybody has some insight?