News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI202 fails firmware updates

Started by Don.Geiger, January 10, 2018, 03:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don.Geiger

Hello.

I woke up this morning to find my OBI202 flashing the power light red/green. I know this is supper be from an interrupted firmware update.  However, I have automatic updates disabled because my OBI202 fails updating last a certain version.  I don't remember offhand which one but I've learned to keep a copy on my PC, since it was hard to get the last time this happened. Now I have to go through the process of doing a reset and reload the latest firmware that works.

My questions are 1 - how do I keep Obi from forcing an update on me? and 2 - why does Obi have firmware updates for an Obi202 that don't work on all Obi202s?

Thanks!

SteveInWA

There is no such limitation (all OBi 202s use the same firmware,  regardless of age).  There's no way to know why yours is failing.

About all I can suggest is that you perform a "paper clip" factory default restore.  If that fails, and you can't update to the latest firmware, then you have a hardware issue (bad OBi).

Mango

Quote from: Don.Geiger on January 10, 2018, 03:34:02 AM1 - how do I keep Obi from forcing an update on me?

System Management >> Auto Provisioning:
Auto Firmware Update >> Method: Disabled
ITSP Provisioning >> Method: Disabled
OBiTalk Provisioning >> Method: Disabled

Voice Services >> OBiTALK Service:
Enable: (Unchecked)