News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dialpad Re-customization

Started by tjmeyer, January 16, 2018, 09:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjmeyer

Last year, I was using Dialpad, but have decided not to continue. I purchased a 1032 through them and would like to continue using it with Google Voice. After contacting their support, they are indicating that I need to pay $50 to have the device "re-customized". Per them, this fee is charged by Obihai. Is this true?

I have already attempted a factory reset. Results in a temporary (less than 5 seconds) reversion to default before Dialpad's firmware kicks in.

As I'm not looking to have a new customization added, I only want Dialpad's removed, are there any other options I might have?

KevKan

I reset 2 DialPad configured Obi 1062s using this routine:
https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/obi-ip-phone/phn-factory-reset

No fees involved!

UCRTroy

I am having this same problem. I have tried the instructions in the link but I can't even get the phone to reset to factory settings or anything.

Crazyness!!!

SteveInWA

The post about pressing the two keypad buttons to restore to factory defaults was wrong.  That's not the issue.  The issue is that these phones were provided to the Dialpad customer at a reduced cost, subsidized by the monthly service charge.  The phones are locked to Dialpad, and you can't reset that, other than to do the right thing and pay them to do it.

Noobfone

Is there a way to run dialpad and google voice at the same time on the obi device?