News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New firmware for Obi 200/202

Started by ProfTech, January 19, 2018, 09:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesselivermore

any links/instructions  for the latest firmware

Your device may have outdated, old software which no longer complies with Google Voice security requirements.

The latest software, available through your OBiTALK account, will ensure that you can continue using Google Voice on your OBi securely. To get the latest software, please make sure your device is within its one-year warranty and support entitlement or that you have paid for extended support. Obihai support entitles you to the latest software for your OBi with automatic software updates as well as expert advice from Obihai's support team.

OBi customers may also visit: www.obitalk.com/info/support for more information including access to the OBiTALK forum.
Your device may have outdated, old software which no longer complies with Google Voice security requirements.

bsdaiwa

Quote from: drgeoff on February 10, 2019, 11:00:07 AM
http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-2-2-5921EX-332148940.fw

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.msg13#msg13 Option 3.

Can I put the firmware link into the Auto Firmware Update DownloadURL box and will it do the update? I have several OBi 200's in remote locations I would like to update.

drgeoff

Quote from: bsdaiwa on March 03, 2019, 10:25:07 AM
Quote from: drgeoff on February 10, 2019, 11:00:07 AM
http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-2-2-5921EX-332148940.fw

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.msg13#msg13 Option 3.

Can I put the firmware link into the Auto Firmware Update DownloadURL box and will it do the update? I have several OBi 200's in remote locations I would like to update.
I expect that would work.  Nothing bad will happen if it does not - the OBi's firmware will not be changed and no settings will be lost.

glnz6

All here - sorry for recap, BUT...

In my ObiHai 202, I have the following:

HardwareVersion  1.4
  SoftwareVersion  3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX)
  Hardware Warranty and Premium Technical Support
  Start Date Feb 2018
  End Date Feb 2019
  Status Expired

Question 1)  What SHOULD I do?  Things seem to be working, so why should I change or update anything?
Question 2)  This thread (posts above) is saying that the latest version is now 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX).  What is the difference between that and my actual slightly older version?

Thanks!!!!

SteveInWA

Quote from: glnz6 on March 09, 2019, 02:56:56 PM

Question 1)  What SHOULD I do?  Things seem to be working, so why should I change or update anything?
Do nothing.  No reason to update.
Question 2)  This thread (posts above) is saying that the latest version is now 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX).  What is the difference between that and my actual slightly older version?
Nobody here knows, and there have been no problems reported here on 5898 that were fixed with 5921.

Thanks!!!!

glnz6

Thanks again, Steve in WA !!!  

Gilkissin

Super frustrated with the Obi202 as of late.  Suddenly was giving me the "Network Status, IP Address Not Available" error recording when dialing so I checked to see what was happening with the Obi202.  The power light was flashing greeen, so noted that it is not connected to internet.  Checked in router as I have the statis IP it is assigned sitting in DMZ.  Noted in the router that multiple attacks had been made on this device in the last 2-3 days.  From SSH brute force attacks, to exploits being executed via shell script like a Netcore Router backdoor access.   Alarming to say the least but router blocked these attacks from "coming inside"  In any case, figured the Obi202 was compromised.  Checked that it did have latest firmware (3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX)) and then just did basic reset.  Updated admin password (as was done before) and still could not get this device to get back online again.  Router would assign it static IP, but no internet connection could be established.  I had wanted to go ahead and try to re-flash the firmware with the same build since it is latest guessing that potentially the firmware may have been modified/corrupted, but am getting the whole "Firmware downgrading is prohibited" message.   WTF!  ??? In any case, trying to sort out what to do next, maybe there is a really hard reset that reverts to original firmware, but don't think that is case. Maybe something sneaky like TFTP to push firmware directly without trying to use Obi202 UI for the update/reinstall.  Any ideas here?
Seems like I will not need to keep in DMZ anymore due to these attacks, had done this for best audio quality but also nervous about putting this potentially compromised device inside firewall/LAN and opening ports to it.

Any suggestions would be helpful as this device is now essentially a brick and useless.
~Gilkissin

Kage

Quote from: Gilkissin on April 11, 2019, 12:18:20 PM
Router would assign it static IP, but no internet connection could be established.  

Recently I had a similar problem, although in this case the router was having trouble assigning the ip to the obi200 and network error messages to that effect from the OS kept popping up. Tried everything, including rebooting the router and modem several times to no avail. The fix was to temporarily change the preferred DNS server address (8.8.8.8 for Google) back to obtain the DNS server address automatically.

Don't know how or why that was happening as it never did before, I was afraid the box was going but it's been fine since.