News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 Not ringing

Started by ErinErin, January 21, 2018, 09:13:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ErinErin

I've read many other posts... and my closest guess is that the "ring voltage generator" is not putting out enough voltage to actually ring my phone...

I use google voice with an obi200. It has worked well for the past year and a half... Then we had a power outage and it stopped working. I did a factory reset and got it going again... Then I changed some settings so it would forward differently... that messed things up... then I fixed it... and I'm pretty sure everything was back to normal. I'm not sure when the problem started of not receiving phone calls.

My home phone connected to the obi200 does not ring when there is an incoming call. The call will connect if you know when someone is calling and pick up at the right time.

I tried to Verify that the OBi is capable of ringing my telephone:

1. Dial **0

2. Press 3

3. Dial 0#

4. Hang up

The Auto Attendant should ring the telephone... but it did not.

Does my obi200 need to be replaced?

drgeoff

1.  Are you certain the phone itself is still OK?

2.  There is some degree of control over the ringing voltage that the OBi puts out.  Physical Interfaces, Phone Port, Ringer, RingVoltage.  And you can try the Trapezoidal waveform.

KevKan

Could it be that "Chat" is not checked in Google Voice Settings?

drgeoff

Quote from: KevKan on January 23, 2018, 12:18:53 PM
Could it be that "Chat" is not checked in Google Voice Settings?
No.  Two reasons why not.  ErinErin wrote:

"My home phone connected to the obi200 does not ring when there is an incoming call. The call will connect if you know when someone is calling and pick up at the right time."

and

"I tried to Verify that the OBi is capable of ringing my telephone:

1. Dial **0

2. Press 3

3. Dial 0#

4. Hang up

The Auto Attendant should ring the telephone... but it did not."

ErinErin

Quote from: drgeoff on January 21, 2018, 10:59:51 AM
1.  Are you certain the phone itself is still OK?

2.  There is some degree of control over the ringing voltage that the OBi puts out.  Physical Interfaces, Phone Port, Ringer, RingVoltage.  And you can try the Trapezoidal waveform.

1. I think so. We tried messing with the ringer volume... And it is capable of making a ringing noise... Just not with an incoming call

2. Unfortunately you're going to have to dumb that down for me.

P.S. you are correct that "chat" is checked

drgeoff

When someone calls you or when you do the **0 routine does the PHONE LED on the OBi flash?  (The PHONE LED on a n OBi200 is the rightmost of the 3 LEDS when looking at the device with the sockets pointing away from you.)