News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't Change Line Key Labels

Started by KALtx, January 23, 2018, 04:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KALtx

I have had my Obi1062 phone for about a week now. I am new to ObiHai, but am rather tech savvy. I am trying to give my line keys custom labels - but nothing seems to work.

At the ObiTalk web portal, in the basic (non-expert) Device Configuration under "Configure and Label Your Line Keys" for Line Key 1 (service is ObiLINE) I entered "Land Line" for the name and the land line phone number as the Subheading. For Line Key 2 (service is Google Voice) I left the name as "Google Voice" and changed the subheading from my gmail address to my gvoice phone number instead. Upon save and reboot of phone (many times), Neither the name nor subheading for Line Key 1 works - only shows up on the phone screen as "OBiLine" but Line Key 2 shows up as "Google Voice" with the custom subhead of the phone number.

I then tried to "force" the custom labels within the Expert Configuration under IP Phone > Line Keys under Key 1 and Key 2. I have tried ticking and unticking boxes adjacent to each entry, rebooting each time. Nothing seems to work. It seems the phone simply won't let me change the labels from the web portal.

In the User Manual, under Line Keys, it shows a screen shot of the Configure Line Key menu (found under Settings) via the phones GUI. In the manual, there is a screen shot that shows the selected Configure Line Key menu with an EDIT button under the menu. On my phone, there is no edit button and there is no way to access each line key and configure it as the manual seems to indicate I should be able to do.

Does anyone know what the problem may be? I have entered my admin password, and still no editing of the line keys is provided.

BeansCPA

I have the same issue.  I have a 1062 with an ObiLine, and I can't change the label using the same methods you also went through. 

TulsaMJ

Holding up my hand as well. Same exact steps, same exact problem.

drgeoff

You can edit the names of the Line Keys and Programmable Keys only when certain functions are assigned to them.  For example if you configure one as a Speed Dial or Monitor Extension you can get to the edit in four ways.

1.  Through the GUI Settings menu.  When the relevant key is highlighted, the left most soft key will display "Edit".

2.  A long press on the Programmable Key will do the same as the above.

3.  Via the onboard web server.

4.  Via the Obitalk portal

with the usual caveat about using both the local configuration methods and the Obitalk portal.