News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 Problems Setting Up - Phone LED ports won't stop FLASHING!

Started by KS202, January 24, 2018, 01:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KS202

I am having GREAT difficulty setting up my Obi202.

- The 2 phone ports won't stop blinking/flashing (the phones are completely off and not in use).
- Even when I unplug the phone port...both ports continue to flash, regardless.

Things to Note

- The power LED is solid green.
- The ethernet LED blinks intermittently.
- I have power cycled everything and no change whatsoever.
- I've called support and they told me to submit a ticket or jump on the forum.

I have no idea what to do differently.

SteveInWA

That's a new one.

Is this a brand new OBi, purchased from an authorized retailer, or is it used, purchased from eBay or Craigslist, etc.?

Have you attempted to perform a factory default restore yet?

When you plug in a telephone (and only a telephone, not a printer/fax) to the phone port 1, does it get a dial tone?

KS202

I purchased it new from Amazon's Obihai vendor.
I haven't performed a factory default restore yet. I'll try that.
When I plug in a telephone into Port 1, there's no dial tone at all.

SteveInWA

Since there's no dial tone, you can't restore it to factory defaults using the ***8 method, so you'll have to do this:

• Unplug all the cords from the OBi.
  • Turn it upside-down on a flat surface.
  • Locate the raised bump with the hole in the middle.  This is the reset switch. Using an straightened paper clip, insert the clip into the hole and gently press the recessed button until you feel a click.  Continue to hold down the button.
  • Using your other hand, plug in only the DC power cord, again, while continuing to hold down the button.
  • Wait at least 10 seconds or longer, then remove the clip, and turn over the OBi.
  • Watch while the LEDs blink.  After some time, the left-most (power) LED should be on steady.
  • Unplug the power cable.  Plug in the Ethernet and Phone cables, then plug in the power cable again.
  • Watch while it reboots.  When it's done, pick up the phone.  If you don't get a dial tone, the OBi is defective.  Open a ticket with Obihai to get it replaced.