News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Is direct SIP calling from within Speed Dials or dial patterns supported?

Started by MichiganTelephone, February 09, 2011, 06:21:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichiganTelephone

One thing that is possible on some other devices is to put a direct SIP address in a speed dial slot or in a dial pattern.  For example, on another device, if I put 904@mouselike.org into one of the speed dial slots, then when I hit that speed dial number it will take me directly to a SIP test number in the UK.  This doesn't seem to work on the OBi and I have tried a couple of variations (like sip/904@mouselike.org and sip:904@mouselike.org).  Is direct SIP dialing not supported by the OBi or am I just doing it wrong?
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

obiliving

IP or URL Dialing is not available on the OBI at present. But I can see this as a good candidate for a new feature. The main challenge is to how to fit this kind of dialing pattern into the OBi's flexible call-routing configuration. But having it as a speed dial should be quite feasible.