News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't add Obi200 into my portal, no dial tone when they connected-->Please

Started by andey21, January 26, 2018, 11:11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andey21

Please HELP!!

This is my second time with this similar issue. Last time I got a replacement from Obihai.
I organized the wire stuffs and pull all plugs out of outlet. After I pull them back, I found I could't use obi200 for calling and there is no dial tone when I picked up handset. So, I went to obihai account and deleted the device and reset it. When I went back to try add this device in my account, I couldn't hear dial tone on my handset, whatever I dialed the **5 xxxx or echo test, the phone was jut silent and no response.

Obi200:
Power LED, ethernet LED: solid green;
Phone LED: off

All connections: tested, all good;
phone: tested, good;

Firmware: updated to newest one and restore to factory setting;

Please help me! Thanks for any suggestion!

drgeoff

Sounds like you are plugging something into the OBi's phone port which is killing the phone port.  It is known that this can happen when connecting the Obi to house phone wiring (if the house wiring has not been properly disconnected from any other service).  Another culprit could be a faulty phone of the type that is mains powered.

A working OBi should give dial tone even even without any network connection, even nothing plugged into its ethernet socket.

andey21

Quote from: drgeoff on January 26, 2018, 12:11:06 PM
Sounds like you are plugging something into the OBi's phone port which is killing the phone port.  It is known that this can happen when connecting the Obi to house phone wiring (if the house wiring has not been properly disconnected from any other service).  Another culprit could be a faulty phone of the type that is mains powered.

A working OBi should give dial tone even even without any network connection, even nothing plugged into its ethernet socket.

Thanks for input!
Yes, It was connected to wall house phone wiring, and I plugged a phone in another room. I realized this may cause this issue, so I purchased a cordless phone instead of house phone wiring.