News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How can I initiate calls from my PC then transfer call to OBI200 phone line?

Started by GeoLund, April 20, 2020, 03:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeoLund

Hello!
I am a new user of the Obi200 and I got it set up correctly using Google Voice. I am able to lift the handset of my hard phone and make calls by typing in all the numbers. I am also able to make calls on my Win10 PC by using Google Voice and my PC speakers and mic. I can also choose to send the call to my cell phone.
BUT
What I WANT to do is use my Gmail contact list to initiate calls AND I want to be able to click on a phone number on my Win10 PC (for example Google Search Results of stores near me) and complete the call on the handset attached to my Obi. I prefer talking on a real phone for privacy reasons and I don't have a working headset.

I've spent HOURS trying to figure out how to do this!!! I've searched this forum and others but I either don't understand the complicated solutions or I can't figure out how to get them to work! I need help in Baby Steps, using really simple language! I am not a programmer! I'd love to hear different FREE or Low Cost solutions that might work for me! (I'm not interested in paying for 911 service.)

Here are some of the things I have explored and the obstacles I encountered:
1) There are no free DID numbers available anywhere on the internet that I can find.
2) I'm not sure if using a VOIP phone on my PC would help and I can't find a free one.
3) Would setting up SIP help? I think MicroSip might be free but I don't know how to use it.
4) Do I need a burner phone to get another number for call forwarding to GV?
5) If I got another number, how would I set my OBI200 to accomplish my goal?
6) I considered buying a USB phone to connect directly to my PC, but they seem to work with Skype and not Google Voice. Is this a good option to pursue? Is the GVmate App needed and still available? How would I do this?
7) Is there a way to program the Auto Attendant to ring my hard phone after I dial a call on the computer? If so I would need DETAILED instructions.
8) I saw instructions for a csv dialer but I don't have and can't find a cheap dial up modem that works with Win10.

Clearly I am willing to invest some time and effort into making this work. I just need help that I can easily understand! Thanks so much in advance!

Geo

azrobert

See: https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=12002.0

You need to define a dummy trunk on your OBi200.
Do you know how to use OBi Expert?

This setup breaks the normal AA functions. Ignore the conversation with ianobi, It's to add code to keep the AA functionality.