News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't recover from blinking red/green

Started by RS1959, January 10, 2018, 09:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RS1959

I have an OBI200 that's been working fine for about 2 years.   Recently it started blinking red/green.

I found the note that says blinking red/green indicates a failed firmware update and that firmware should be loaded manually.   I found the device's IP, and can connect to it.   I downloaded the firmware file from here:

OBi200/202/300/302: http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-2-1-5757EX.fw
3-2-1-5757 (10.4MB)
Last Update November 2017

I browse to the file and do the firmware update, but after just a second it shows Firmware Update Failed.  Please verify the firmware and try again.   I downloaded the file again on the chance it got corrupted during download, but it fails exactly the same way.

I also tried to do a Factory Reset, holding a paper clip in pin hole while connecting power.   Ultimately though it returns to the blinking/red green.

Is the device bricked?  It would seem not since I do connect to it to try to update the firmware.  But I can't update it, and can't get rid of the blinking red/green.   Anything to be done?

Thanks for any help - even if the help is to just give up, that the device has gone bad, and time to throw it out.

RS1959

I never got any responses.  I take it the device has simply gone bad after less than 2 years and I should just throw it out.

Mango

Did you buy it with a credit card, and does the credit card have extended warranty?  Perhaps you could make a claim that way.

I'm sorry I don't know how to fix your device.

GPz1100

ProfTech

To RS1959 Indeed, give a try loading http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-2-1-5775EX.fw there is a fair chance you can resurrect it.

RS1959

Thank you.  Tried the later build of firmware.  Still no joy.  I was initially hopeful as it said it was loading whereas the former one failed immediately.  But still it apparently never succeeded.   I still have the blinking red.  Am going to chalk it up as a device gone bad, and move on. 

jjtricket

One last shot, try another power supply......................