News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Two telephone number setup with Obi202

Started by georgeforum, January 29, 2018, 12:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georgeforum

I have 2 telephone numbers  with same voip provider.
telephone ending in 9933 is my primary line plugged in port 1  and
telephone ending in 9977 is the second line plugged in port 2.
I want a distinctive ring pattern for each telephone number.
What do i do?

drgeoff

Use either Expert Mode on the portal or access the device's onboard web server (depending on which one you have previously used to configure the 202) and use the drop down selector to change the X_DefaultRing for SP2 as in the attached distinct1.png to another number between 2 and 10.  The 10 available cadences are defined as shown in distinctive2.png.  You can probably find one of those other 9 prefefined patterns to your liking.

Remember that you must clear any tick(s) in the box(es) at the right hand end of the line to be able to make changes to that item.  Scroll down and hit 'Submit' after making your change.

JeffBoyd

Wanting to set up a distinctive ring pattern with line 3 on my Obitalk. As I'm using a basic AT&T phone I'm not confident I can do it although the AT&T phone does have distinctive ringing options; I just don't see how it could be driven by what I do in Obitalk.

In any event, attached is a picture of when I'm in the Expert Configuration. Things are "greyed out." Any ideas on what I can do to set up distinctive ringing?

If I simply can't setup distinctive rings I would like to change setup to not have phone calls come in but allow me to call out by doing the **Phone number. Is that possible?

drgeoff

Quote from: JeffBoyd on February 24, 2018, 02:59:12 PM
In any event, attached is a picture of when I'm in the Expert Configuration. Things are "greyed out." Any ideas on what I can do to set up distinctive ringing?
Read and act on the second paragraph of what I wrote above.

JeffBoyd

Thanks for your response but I'm not quite getting it.

I can't change the ring tone. The system is greyed out. I think it might have something to do with the exclamation points higher on the page.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

drgeoff

Quote from: JeffBoyd on February 25, 2018, 12:18:56 AM
Thanks for your response but I'm not quite getting it.

I can't change the ring tone. The system is greyed out.
I repeat "Remember that you must clear any tick(s) in the box(es) at the right hand end of the line to be able to make changes to that item."

JeffBoyd

I see it now. I thought you had to check one of of the two boxes but you uncheck both and then changes can be made.

Think it will make the device much more useful so thank you very much for your help.

Jeff