News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can two Obi devices act as extension phones?

Started by flytopher, January 29, 2018, 10:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flytopher

Hi, all:

I have a home office with an Obi1022 IP phone that I use for um...work.  I also have a kitchen with an Obi 200 that serves the house phone that wife uses for um...endless yap.  Both devices have the same GV number (the 'home' number) in slot SP1.  My office phone also has another GV number (the 'work' number) in SP2.

So, I'm in home office doing 'important stuff'.  Wife is in kitchen yapping on phone.  Wife shouts to me to 'pick up!'  So I pick up the 1022 handset and punch SP1 and get...a dial tone.  (Of course...they're two different devices.)

So, if wife wants to have a 3way conversation with her yapbuddy and me, she has to initiate a 3-way call to my work number.

So, is there a way the two devices can serve as extension phones for each other?  My research has come up empty, but I convinced my wife that my research is still 'very important'.

drgeoff

Did your research find what is essentially the same question at https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=12976.0  ?

Your wife can dial your work GV number or the Obitalk number of your 1022.  And either can be given a speed dial number so she does not need to dial the full number.

flytopher

Thank you for pointing me to that thread. 

I guess we'll have to get comfortable with the 3way calling.  I really like this obi1022; it's got lots of features that I'm finding useful.

I guess the next step for in-house conferencing is to learn to call obi-to-obi and bypass Google Voice.  Could you point me to a thread that shows how to disable the auto-attendant?

drgeoff

Use Expert mode on the portal to change (on both the 200 and 1022) the Obitalk InboundCallRoute to ph.  The screenshot is from an OBi100 but the 200 and 1022 will be very similar.  You need to clear both tick boxes at the right hand end of the line to make the field editable.

This does not disable the AA, just stops it automatically answering calls from other Obi devices in your account on the portal.