News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Googlevoice On phonepower brand obi 1062

Started by Scriptimax, February 01, 2018, 08:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scriptimax

I am obi use for a long time  & have multiple obi Devices

Can i use my phonepower(broadvoice) obi1062 devise with google voice? Just now when trying to add obi1062 to obi portal it gives me error

"Failed to add device: This device is customized for another service provider and cannot be added to your account!"

I am able to login to admin page with IP address 192.168.1.*** but i have no idea how to  remove phonpower service & add google voice as a sip. When i talked to Phonepower in regards they told me to get support from OBI but obi told me to get support from phonepower

I Goggled but can not find any related answer

GPz1100

You can't add google voice directly as a sip provider.  You need to use a gateway such as simonics - https://simonics.com/gw/ .

Scriptimax

Quote from: GPz1100 on February 01, 2018, 09:04:32 AM
You can't add google voice directly as a sip provider.  You need to use a gateway such as simonics - https://simonics.com/gw/ .

I tried but Simonics says- "Sorry, we are temporarily not taking new users for Google Voice Gateway."

Is any other way i can directly use my obi1062 with google voice? Is any flash file which will restore obi1062 to original obi bootloader? Just now looks like phone power flashed this device with own files & i don't see any option unless obi can re-flash with original obi bootfiles. i did factory reset & also installed latest obi files but still no success.. 

GPz1100

I just tried simonics, looks like they are taking new customers.

Also, didn't realize the native 1062 had direct google voice support.  Have you tried flashing a 1062 firmware directly to the device?

Scriptimax

Quote from: GPz1100 on February 01, 2018, 12:10:33 PM
I just tried simonics, looks like they are taking new customers.

Also, didn't realize the native 1062 had direct google voice support.  Have you tried flashing a 1062 firmware directly to the device?

simonics is not taking new signup.That message appears after you login with google. I tried to flash with latest firmware for obi 1000 series.Flash was successful but still not able to add my 1062 in obi talk portal.

So is any ways to remove lock from phonepower & totally load obi flash? Can any one upload back or restore file for obi 1000 series. I think restore is available by going to ip address 192.168.1.***

KevKan

Did you purchase or rent/lease your phonepower(broadvoice) obi1062 device?  If you own it, you should be able to reset it and remove the lock.  I was able to do a reset on a couple of 1062's that I had purchased that were provisioned for a certain service provider and can provide a link to the routine I used.

drgeoff

I think the "lockout" from the Obitalk portal is based on the serial number or Obi number which is unaffected by the firmware.  If the Obi servers "know" that a unit is already registered, only manual intervention by Obihai staff can release it.  Whether they agree to do so is another hurdle.