News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi fails every two days. "Service not configured"

Started by laurajon, July 01, 2011, 07:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laurajon

My obi110 fails every two days or so.

I have read this similar post:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=821.0

I continue to get a dialtone, but hear this message: "There is no service available to complete your call." On obitalk.com dashboard I get the following message under the settings page for my obi110.

Service Provider 1   GV -- j********@gmail.com   Service Not Configured

GV settings on obitalk.com setting page seem good. Power cycling the obi110 does nothing. GV account is not signed into chat, etc. Echo test works.

If I go to the device administration page on my local network by typing in the obi's IP I notice the following error on the status page.

SP1 Service Status
Status   Backing Off (584s):Authentication error   help

'Backing off' apparently means an incorrect password or credentials, but this hasn't changed. Others have experienced this too. Search 'backing off' on this forum and you'll see.

Obi is set for DHCP, which some have suggested may cause problems. However, several others on this forum with similar sounding problems to my own, have said that switching to static didn't solve their issue so I haven't changed it yet.

Some say that if the password hasn't changed the GV service must be down, but my experience says that deleting obi from my account and reconfiguring solves the problem immediately.

It seems like it could be a problem with the obitalk servers provisioning the OBI110 correctly with GV

Any suggestions? I cannot believe this product has an near flawless 5 star rating on amazon.

ShermanObi

Sorry to hear that you are having issues staying connected to GV.  From the message indicated in the OBiTALK portal, there may indeed be a mis-configuration allowing the OBi device to properly connect to the GV service.  Please contact support@obihai.com with your 9-digit OBi No. and we will help you get it sorted.

Pogi

Same thing happened to me since yesterday."Google Voiceâ„¢ Account   Backing Off (0s):Authentication error" :( Sent a ticket to OBI support. Hope they can fix it right away.

RonR

Pogi,

This is frequently an indication you have the wrong username/password entered in the OBi.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice Username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice Password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)

Pawgi

Jeff205

I have verified all of that and it still does not respond.  My SP2 is also GV, but it is fine.  My issue is only with SP1.  I have deleted SP1 and reattached with the same results.  I manage my OBi through the OBiTalk portal, but I have defined a static IP directly through the web page.

RonR

Quote from: Jeff205 on September 02, 2011, 12:23:31 PM
I have verified all of that and it still does not respond.  My SP2 is also GV, but it is fine.  My issue is only with SP1.  I have deleted SP1 and reattached with the same results.  I manage my OBi through the OBiTalk portal, but I have defined a static IP directly through the web page.

But have you verified that all the proper settings are in the OBi itself by logging into the IP address returned by dialing ***1?  It doesn't matter what is showing in the OBiTALK Web Portal.  It's the settings in the OBi itself that determine what the OBi does or doesn't do.