News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to make outgoing call

Started by ABagavan, February 01, 2018, 12:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABagavan

Hi,

I have a Google Voice number. I recently bought Obihai200. I did the initial account setup on Obihai Talk. I connected a Panasonic phone to the Obi router. All lights are solid green on the Obi router. I do get incoming calls - performed some test calls using our cell phones.
ISSUE: I am unable to make outgoing calls from my Panasonic handset using my GV number. I looked up for documentation and saw GV should be configured the first time we setup Obi account. It appears I have set something up incorrectly. Now I am not finding a way to correct it.
Bottom line, if I did not configure Obi account correctly, how can I link my GV and start making calls?

Thanks!

SteveInWA

Please be clear:  the OBi 200 is not a "router".  It is an Analog Telephone Adapter, or ATA.  It converts ordinary analog telephone signals to Voice over IP (VoIP) that then travels over the Ethernet cable plugged into the OBi.  The analog telephone plugs into the OBi via its standard RJ-11 plastic modular telephone jack.

Are you saying that you plugged in the telephone, and when someone calls the number, the phone plugged into the OBi rings, and you can answer the call, but you cannot make outbound calls?  Or, did you mean something else?