News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Strange calls from 'Simple SIP'

Started by jjtricket, February 10, 2018, 08:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjtricket

From 'Simple SIP' PP1(ob185*8636382610)

From 'Simple SIP' PP1(ob185*8628618363)

Theses show up in Obi 202 Call History but not in Google Voice

Private caller - (this one does not show up anywhere)

All have strange rings

What are these folks up to and is there a way to block them?

Thanks in advance

ScottS

ME TOO! 1st simple sip,then private caller

Quote from: jjtricket on February 10, 2018, 08:39:14 AM
From 'Simple SIP' PP1(ob185*8636382610)

From 'Simple SIP' PP1(ob185*8628618363)

Theses show up in Obi 202 Call History but not in Google Voice

Private caller - (this one does not show up anywhere)

All have strange rings

What are these folks up to and is there a way to block them?

Thanks in advance

azrobert

The PP1 calls are coming from the OBiTalk network. Did you share your OBI number with someone or did you inadvertently post it on the forum?

You can block all calls from OBiTalk:

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute: {}

jjtricket

Thanks for the reply!

The actual phone number or the obi202 number on the bottom of unit? I have never shared the Obi202 number on the bottom with anyone. 

I also tried your suggestion here:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3321.0

azrobert

Anybody can call you by using your 9 digit OBi number. That link is to block SIP scanners. They send calls to your public IP address plus the port number of one of your SIP trunks. They will show coming from SP1-4. PP1 is the OBiTalk network. Try my suggestion above.

The strange ring is the default triple ring defined by DefaultRing=2 in your OBiTalk definition.

'Simple SIP' is the caller's name and is defined on the caller's OBiTalk definition (DisplayName).

ob185*8628618363 is normally the caller's 9 digit OBi number. Does anybody know how the caller changed this?

jjtricket

ScottS

Where does one find a "how to"  for programming these features?
I am primarily concerned w/ blocking spam/robo calls.
Thanks again!

Quote from: azrobert on February 10, 2018, 10:52:10 AM
The PP1 calls are coming from the OBiTalk network. Did you share your OBI number with someone or did you inadvertently post it on the forum?

ScottS

Hey AZ, I found that in myobi302 and unchecked both on that line and clicked "submit" on the bottom page.

Next, I keep getting robocalls from area code and exchange, w. last 4 digets rotating
Need way to block for instance area code and exchange and and last 4 digits; 321-472- xxxx (1-9999)
Also how does one create digit map to just block a 10 digit number?
or just an area code?
I expect it is a matter of correct syntax ?

Thank You!

Quote from: azrobert on February 10, 2018, 10:52:10 AM

drgeoff

Quote from: ScottS on February 10, 2018, 02:46:14 PM
Next, I keep getting robocalls from area code and exchange, w. last 4 digets rotating
Need way to block for instance area code and exchange and and last 4 digits; 321-472- xxxx (1-9999)
Also how does one create digit map to just block a 10 digit number?
or just an area code?
I expect it is a matter of correct syntax ?
https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13055.0

Lefko

Does changing the inbound call route stop the call from being handled, or does it block the call entirely?  I'm getting the following in my call log:

'' or ''='' PP1(ob46*' or ''=')

This looks like someone is trying to leverage a SQL injection weakness.  Does anyone know if such weaknesses have been identified?

Lefko

If you're going to set InboundCallRoute: {}, why not just disable ObiTalk service?

Thanks.

ScottS

1st off THANK YOU for sending me to this and added this to 1st unused didit map::
{(?|x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx|un@@.|anon@@.):},{ph}  
note that I have a Obi302 so the default was showing; ph1,ph2  but I actually only use ph1 for now
I guessed that I needed to change the  ph to ph1(?) but maybe not if only one line? So now running this:
{(?|x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx|un@@.|anon@@.):},{ph1}  and now no SIP scanner calls for 2 nights!!, TY!

I want to add a rule for pesky local spam caller from exchange 901-472-<000-9999> they rotate last four digits, already sent like 15 of 901-472-xxxx numbers to nomorobo.
From further reading here perhaps may want to return to 302's original " ph,ph2" in case I use ph2 in future
So now it seems I would need to add something like this;
{(?|x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx|un@@.|anon@@.):},{(901472xxxx):},{ph,ph2}
that should do it, correct?  
THANKS TO ALL AGAIN FOR THE HELP!!   ;D

ScottS

I did that too!  and added inbound script. Slept good TY!

Quote from: Lefko on February 12, 2018, 04:29:53 AM
If you're going to set InboundCallRoute: {}, why not just disable ObiTalk service?

Thanks.