News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi202, 2-line phone, callcentric puzzler

Started by wjcarpenter, February 11, 2018, 07:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wjcarpenter

Maybe obvious to the old hands here, but I have been unable to figure how how to do this so far.

I've got a Panasonic 2-line phone. It's cordless with multiple handsets. Both lines are plugged into the ports of my Obi202. Line 1 on the phone is PH1 on the Obi202, and Line2 on the phone is PH2 on the Obi202. Incoming calls from from Callcentric (SP2). Outgoing calls go to Google Voice (SP1). Receiving a single call works as expected.

• If Panisonic Line 1 is in use, and a second call comes in, the phones do not ring at all. There is also no call-waiting tone.

• If Panasonic Line 2 is in use, and a second call comes in, the phones ring for line one.

I've tried the following things (it's possible that I did them incorrectly, of course):

1. configure SP2 to ring the Obi202 PH1, but do call-forward-on-busy to PH2
2. configure SP2 to ring both Obi202 PH1 and PH2.

Neither of those gives joy. What I have not yet tried is registering SP3 as an extension directly with Callcentric. It seems like that should work, but it also seems like the things I've already tried should work. (I don't think the problem is in my Callcentric config since I can get PH1 to ring if PH2 is in use, but not vice versa.)

Ideas? I'd prefer to have PH2 ring if PH1 is in use, but I'd settle for a call waiting tone on PH1 if another call comes in. In the ideal case, I'd have both.

wjcarpenter

OK, I think this is probably a case of faking myself out. While I was changing settings on my obi202, I wasn't paying attention to the fact that obitalk was changing most of the setting right back. Once I clued myself to that and carefully redid my configuration (call forward on busy), things worked as I originally expected them to.