News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

"Configure Voice Service Providers (SP)"

Started by geoffreydean, February 12, 2018, 03:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geoffreydean

I bought a new AT&T phone and a new OBi200 and am setting everything up today. I've had a Google Voice account for years and currently only my cell phone is linked to it. I'm trying to set up my new phone with a new phone number through the OBiTalk website using Google Voice. I'm on what looks to be one of the last steps after I've confirmed my area code and time zone. Under Service Provider Set-up, SP1 - lists Google Voice as the "Name" but the Status is "Configuring." It spins and says configuring for several minutes, then quits and says, "offline." Any ideas how to make it work correctly?

Geoff

geoffreydean

So, this is weird. For some reason after trying many times, it now says, "Connected" but now I can't figure out what to do next.

SteveInWA

It's not uncommon to observe that behavior, and, as long as it eventually gets authorized and connects, you're all done.

What did you mean by "but now I can't figure out what to do next"?  Have you tried simply using it (to make and receive phone calls)?

geoffreydean

Quote from: SteveInWA on February 12, 2018, 07:37:00 PM
What did you mean by "but now I can't figure out what to do next"?  Have you tried simply using it (to make and receive phone calls)?

I assumed I'd have to get a new phone number from Google but you're right, it works now. Exactly what I need. A landline on my desk!